Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

wouldn't be a problem.

Not quite as above. I still have my RWC inspection certificate and if I were to carry out an inspection, I would want to see a QLD mod plate for the RHD conversion and any other associated engineering documents relating to this. Other than that, just a normal inspection as per any other RWC. As for import paperwork, that is in the hands of QLD transport to view and approve at the time of registration. 

42 minutes ago, TDW911 said:

I would want to see a QLD mod plate for the RHD conversion and any other associated engineering documents  

The current owner unfortunately has no mods documents for RHD conversion. I asked.

On 21/02/2024 at 20:36, Lindo said:

Would people see any issues getting a RWC and Qld registration for this car?

Shouldn’t be an issue, 

9 hours ago, Lindo said:

The current owner unfortunately has no mods documents for RHD conversion. I asked.

You shouldn’t need it. So long as all the numbers etc match the paperwork it’s a RW and fee. 

Surely engineers reports for conversion, import papers etc. would be for the first time a car is registered in a state then the car is in the system/Australia and only RW checks needed after that. My car has no compliance plate and rego papers state the fact that as it is imported its exempt from needing one. I'm in WA and things are different, the concern here is yes that the conversion is done correctly and that the car is sound and that is retains its original speedo, so we have face changes to them for kmph but retain miles on the odometer. Can imagine if the car was to go to another state they may want engineers report on conversion but its been on the road registered in Australia for over 25yrs so obviously must comply and been approved for import.

On 21/02/2024 at 20:36, Lindo said:

Would people see any issues getting a RWC and Qld registration for this car?

Based on previous experience I'd be confident its not an issue. Once a car is in the registration system in any of the states the others recognise it.

I thought I would need to get a certificate for my UK SC (wide body, updated engine, etc) but as it had been registered in SA there were no issues with VICROADS. I spoke to an engineer at the time who advised me the same.

14 hours ago, TDW911 said:

Absolutely has to have a mod plate for the RHD conversion. Certainly in QLD anyway.

So if there are no papers or mod plate how does one go about trying to get it registered in Qld?

Would I need to engage a mod engineer to do a  LS1 and LS2 certification retrospectively? And hope that the modifications done by previous owners complies.

The car has only Vic Club Permit plates. I understand in Victoria the LHD conversion would have had to have been inspected and certified to to enable registration. Or is club permit not actually registration and  the LHD mod does not need a mod plate or anything?

You would need either a LS1 or LS2 certification. No real big deal as long as you find a friendly mod certified. If you are lucky, he might not need/want engineering if it is obvious it is competed to a high standard. Will still need a blue plate though.
You might get away with just. RWC if the inspector doesn’t pick up on the RHD conversion. It might get through QLD Transport because it has been previously registered in another state. IMO get the blue plate.

17 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Seemed nice, but geez that’s a spicy price for a LHD to RHD backdate. 

Considering the level of modification made to cars like this, being converted isn’t really a value factor. I guess my thoughts are, even if it was an Oz del RHD ect etc given the extent of modification it’s likely to never be reverted to an original car so therefore doesn’t really have any relevance? 

The thing I liked about that particular car is that it had a nice hotty/semi backdated engine to match unlike most of the backdate jobbies people do. 

I have pretty much the same c4 uk car. Only have had to do superficial stuff to it. Love it. I think its great value, epecially if you bought it to drive......which i do. Ive done more in it in 6 months that it did in 6 years. I messaged you direct in PFA, let me know if you get it.

4 hours ago, JWM said:

I haven't been on there for a while, but here's a Pair of Passed-in Porsches (993 & 992) and your Friday bonus, an unsold Lambo from CC tonight.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 5.04.11 pm.png

Nice to see a T that’s not in that awful yellow most seem to be.