Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, MFX said:

I paid less for a Ferrari engine :D

I was chatting to sone guys last week who race in one of the European 64 65 2.0 FIA Porsche race series  - they are looking at around 100000 quid for a competitive motor on Solexes - 100000 quid!

I think you may find the top group s guys here are there too. They love it.  And don’t give a shot. 

I recall my dad reviewing my focus on my analytics  when buying a first sports car.  He suggested it’s not an economic decision and was spot on. Worth keeping in mind. It’s quite irrelevant. 

13 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I think you may find the top group s guys here are there too. They love it.  And don’t give a shot. 

I recall my dad reviewing my focus on my analytics  when buying a first sports car.  He suggested it’s not an economic decision and was spot on. Worth keeping in mind. It’s quite irrelevant. 

Quite a way under - a top 3.0 Carrera motor is circa 60-80 AUD. 

The craziness continues!

What does the group think about a 997.2 Carrrera GTS in white which has been for sale for 3 months + for $235k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-911-carrera-gts-997-series-ii-auto-my11/SSE-AD-16381350/

but wait... then along comes along another 997.2 Carrrera GTS same colour with higher KM, more owners and lesser spec for $245K at a well known Melbourne dealer

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-911-carrera-gts-997-series-ii-auto-my11/OAG-AD-22995720/

I get it that a dealer sale will offer additional value that may or may not deserve a higher sale price. But really, is there a game being played here which I do not understand?

On 02/03/2024 at 22:06, LeeM said:

Then you have 4 cam 356 engine rebuild costs. I remember watching a video where Wilhoit Restorations charges $250,000-300,000

I dropped into Whilhoits shop when I was in LA and he was showing me the brand new 356 4 cam engines they have now. No idea what that costs, but at least now you can actually buy them.

• 3 weeks later...

The good stuff is coming out of the woodwork .....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-turbo-997-manual-awd-my08/OAG-AD-23070451/?Cr=1

Don't know the car - but cracker of a spec.... All from the ad:
Aus Delivered.
Low (ish) Klms.
PCCB.
Extended Leather Interior (2 tone) PLUS the rare and super expensive leather covered AC/Audio option... 🤩
18 Way Hardbacks.

CHEAP!!!

Niiiiiiiice!!

On 26/03/2024 at 08:03, on_booost said:

The good stuff is coming out of the woodwork .....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2008-porsche-911-turbo-997-manual-awd-my08/OAG-AD-23070451/?Cr=1

Don't know the car - but cracker of a spec.... All from the ad:
Aus Delivered.
Low (ish) Klms.
PCCB.
Extended Leather Interior (2 tone) PLUS the rare and super expensive leather covered AC/Audio option... 🤩
18 Way Hardbacks.

CHEAP!!!

Niiiiiiiice!!

Is there nothing Porsche won’t option up? 😂  I didn’t even know that is a thing with the leather ac-audio!!

is the 2 tone factory? I like it!

2 minutes ago, kov said:

Is there nothing Porsche won’t option up? 😂  I didn’t even know that is a thing with the leather ac-audio!!

is the 2 tone factory? I like it!

yes the 2 tone is factory as is the PCM leather apparently. I found some posts on a US forum asking about optioning it and a handful of people there who did.

There are 3 levels of 2 tone interiors - IMHO - this is the best.

Porsche will cover anything AND everything in leather if you ask (i mean pay $$$) ....
A mate has a turbo with leather covered air vent SLATS.....

1 hour ago, JWM said:

993 Turbo on CC marked as "Provisionally Sold" whatever that means ... NZ Import, last price I saw was this:

image.png.2490ab247534fc0eb3a08b0615d8d33e.png

I watched that one closely as I picked up the Arena red one for $315K 2 weeks ago.  This case I think was Thailand -> NZ -> AUS and needed a bit of TLC so I reckon $300K is a great price.

Certainly a big discount on local delivery models!

Also was imported to NZ early ~2002 or something. My watch list on the car looks weird too.

Normally it would say 'sold' and the price, however this one doesn't. Its all formatted wrong.