Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Looks like they were all passed in ... anyone see the highest bids any of them got to?

993 got to $129,993, but hadn’t got any bids for over 24hrs. I got the email 45 mins before it ended to say the owner had dropped the reserve down, but clearly not low enough. I’m surprised it got to $130 to be honest.

1 hour ago, njb said:

Does anyone have any information or backstory on this white 997.2 GTS manual?  https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera-GTS~237477

I think it’s been up for sale for quite some time, previously was at CTS last year and now Duttons.

I know they are rare but at that price wouldn't you just buy a GT3. 

2 hours ago, njb said:

Does anyone have any information or backstory on this white 997.2 GTS manual?  https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-Carrera-GTS~237477

I think it’s been up for sale for quite some time, previously was at CTS last year and now Duttons.

Yes I know the car (not personally but the history). It was a Brisbane car until now. Was sold out of Porsche Centre Brisbane new, then sold back to them in Feb 2021. They sold it for $250k when it has 10,000km - it was not advertised online as I think Porsche Brisbane wanted to keep the car local, so it took about 6-7 weeks to eventually sell. I looked at it but thought was overpriced at the time, which was a big big mistake.......  

I actually saw this car last week when I was down in Melbourne and can vouch it is a mint car. I was semi tempted to trade my 991.1 GTS for it but having 2 x 997.2 GTSs at home was a little bit silly...... 

11 minutes ago, JWM said:

If it went for close to asking, what would that make a manual worth? +10%?

So - a Manual Aussie delivered low klm 6 Speed is $200K?

Not a chance .

A mate recently sold a silver one (manual, Aus Del, low klms, good history - but light options) for a LOT more than that.....

7 minutes ago, on_booost said:

So - a Manual Aussie delivered low klm 6 Speed is $200K?

Not a chance .

A mate recently sold a silver one (manual, Aus Del, low klms, good history - but light options) for a LOT more than that.....

Ok, so +20% +30% +40% ? 

There’s a “high” km one languishing at Autohaus for $210k …

36 minutes ago, JWM said:

Ok, so +20% +30% +40% ? 

There’s a “high” km one languishing at Autohaus for $210k …

The black one @AH is IMHO good buying - if it checks out. Know nothing about the car - YMMV.
The grey one  - highish klms is well, grey - like it seems all of them @edgy 

^^^^^ Both low spec = other than looks like 18 ways + SC.

The white is THE one. Impeccable history + slicktop (one of only 2 in the country IIRC ) even though low options.......

I think that black one that sold (tipper) was an outlier.... esp with those klms. 

I think you'd have to pay +$250K to get a nice one?

^^^^^^^ ALL the above is prefaced on CONDITION.

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

The white is THE one. Impeccable history + slicktop (one of only 2 in the country IIRC ) even though low options.......

Yeah I love this one … but not the price. 

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

I think you'd have to pay +$250K to get a nice one?

If 997.1 GT3’s are ~ 220, shouldn’t a Turbo be less? Or are things different in 997 land to 996? 

Imo those kms were low enough to attract collectors/speculators. Price doesn't apply for something with say 130k kms which would be worth substantial less. 

As for the 996 turbo there are a heap listed around $130k that have been listed forever, and some that were around $100k that seem to have sold. (tip coupe prices). 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Yeah I love this one … but not the price. 

If 997.1 GT3’s are ~ 220, shouldn’t a Turbo be less? Or are things different in 997 land to 996? 

The provenance - if I'm correct - makes it worth more to a collector i would've thought......
Find another one thats not Black/Grey/Silver..... There aren't very many.

They were substantially more $$ than a GT3 new - and much fewer sold. And yes - previous sales would indicate this is so.

I bought a white high spec low km 997.1 auto for $189k here in the west, I thought about where it should have been price wise but not a bargain. Couldn't justify the extra cost for a manual and am happy to say that the auto fits the use this car was bought for perfectly, its a beautiful thing.

For a manual you GT3.