Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

13 hours ago, tomo said:

46 minutes ago, kov said:

Tempting, reckon if it checks out it will go pretty quick.

Just seems too cheap.  Like $30k too cheap (30%+).  Has all the feel of a "story" hiding within. 

It’s been for sale for a few weeks, asking $85k originally. No idea if there’s a story or not, but at $80k it’s not “too cheap” imo, it’s in line with this one that sold on CC ($68k, 157k kms). Simply just good “post covid” pricing from an owner who has a car he actually wants to sell. 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Just seems too cheap.  Like $30k too cheap (30%+).  Has all the feel of a "story" hiding within. 

Absolutely a PPI is a must, considering the C4S on collecting cars with 157k went for 68k plus buyers fees 

if it were grey I’d be all over it like a rash.

16 minutes ago, JWM said:

It’s been for sale for a few weeks, asking $85k originally. No idea if there’s a story or not, but at $80k it’s not “too cheap” imo, it’s in line with this one that sold on CC ($68k, 157k kms). Simply just good “post covid” pricing from an owner who has a car he actually wants to sell. 

It's extremely relevant to point out a $68,000 sale price does not include Buyers Premuim, which is applicable when buying at Auction. 

This makes the purchase price ~$72,500.

But those 2 cars are not even comparable imho.  A car that has 108,000kms is a very different price point to nearly 160,000kms. 

And I also don't compare cars for sale on either Facebook or Auction sites where full details are either not disclosed or at Auction where it makes it difficult to to carry out usual due diligence. 

But, hey YMMV.  Buy your cars wherever makes you feel good. 

On 02/11/2023 at 16:51, JWM said:

Passed in ... Another day, another massive reality check to everything sitting on Carsales ...

image.thumb.png.1c9e3c77f9e4718c29cf1e99f8a1a4d7.png

I've been watching Collectingcars auction for a while now. Not seeing many completed sales as of late.

A well spec'd Silver GT4 (carbon buckets, etc) also passed in at around similar price. I feel that many sellers are still living in 2022 and hoping to get the over-inflated prices that no1 is paying now. Moreover, how do we even know that the final price was by the actual bidders not vendors actually trying to bring the number closer to reserve.  

Looking at 991.2 GT3 atm and not seeing any actual transactions on car sales. 

23 minutes ago, luzzo said:

It's extremely relevant to point out a $68,000 sale price does not include Buyers Premuim, which is applicable when buying at Auction. 

This makes the purchase price ~$72,500.

But those 2 cars are not even comparable imho.  A car that has 108,000kms is a very different price point to nearly 160,000kms. 

And I also don't compare cars for sale on either Facebook or Auction sites where full details are either not disclosed or at Auction where it makes it difficult to to carry out usual due diligence. 

But, hey YMMV.  Buy your cars wherever makes you feel good. 

Good point on the buyers premium. 

The thing about that CC car, which is lost in the listing now because the seller comments aren’t kept once the auction closes, is it was a one owner car with a longgg history of maintenance at Autohaus, with all the things you’ll need to do, done. In a 996 that’s worth a lot more than the extra 50k’s in my experience, so I thought good buying.

As for Auctions, Facebook, whatever, sure, I wouldn’t buy like that myself either, rather pay more for a car I’ve seen and done a PPI on etc, just pointing out an actual sale rather than what’s not selling on Carsales as a reference.

At $110k (+$30k on the Facebook ask), there’s a much nicer C4S on Carsales that I believe you could be driving at that price or less, after a chat with the owner … The Facebook one isn’t worth near that, to me at least. 

48 minutes ago, JWM said:

At $110k (+$30k on the Facebook ask), there’s a much nicer C4S on Carsales that I believe you could be driving at that price or less, after a chat with the owner … The Facebook one isn’t worth near that, to me at least. 

The only thing about the much nicer   one on Carsales is that it's an auto ..

There are some that wouldn't buy it for almost any lower price.

Colour also plays a part in pricing, and not every colour is everyone's cup of tea.

I have to agree with @luzzo. It's priced too cheaply for a 4S.

@luzzo

29 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

The only thing about the much nicer   one on Carsales is that it's an auto ..

Not sure which car you mean, I’m talking about this. Anyway just realised this is the big thread not the 996 thread, probably boring everyone to tears… 😂

3 hours ago, luzzo said:

Yeah No, They were a 50k car a few years ago then shot to stardom  with covid  up to145k there is a 2003 with  real low klms up for sale on F/B aswell for1010.khttps://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/655427843417485/?ref=newsfeed

On 12/11/2023 at 00:16, JWM said:

Not sure which car you mean, I’m talking about this. Anyway just realised this is the big thread not the 996 thread, probably boring everyone to tears… 😂

She’s had a 10k haircut 🤔 

We should definitely move the 996 talk to the 996 thread 😂