Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, sleazius said:

carvertical seems to be the go.

Yep, cheap and does a Europe wide search, have used it a few times. If it’s a relatively recent one and it’s been to auction, it may also link to the photos.

As I said elsewhere, it’s well worth it but understand the different categories of write off. Some may be minor from when the cars weren’t worth much. Others might be break only, such as the 993 on Carsales ( it’s not mentioned in the ad ) that’s been cleaned up and shifted here. I’m not exactly sure how it’s even got an import permit.

I’d also disagree that the majority of U.K. cars are writeoffs, that’s untrue. At least for the most part they’re recorded as written off unless it never went through insurance, same as anywhere else, but with some simple checks using the VIN or registration, same as you should do anywhere, history is pretty easy to find.

23 hours ago, mrar said:

They leak, breakdown/fail over time attract rust, can block up create dank smell, stain and ruin your headlining/interior, wind noise when seals go,If not adjusted correctly look unsightly too imo.

I have one on one of my cars had to change the cables and some tlc, still has the original felts and fit is perfect in its hole . I put up with it because it is a turbo and they usually came with all the bells and whistles, the other car I owned with roof, sold it .

Why bother, buy a targa or cab.

Fair enough! I guess I’m lucky, never had such issues. Coupe with sunroof vs targa/cab in my mind gives me best of both worlds with no hassle!! 

10 hours ago, Joz said:

Quite a weight saving not having one, and being up so high it’s a negative feature.

Negative in the sense it’ll cost you milliseconds on your lap times?

7 hours ago, BRU said:

Negative in the sense it’ll cost you milliseconds on your lap times?

Well when boy racers are trying to shed weight for their car by having carbon this and cabon that, having upto 20kgs extra hanging from your roof would no doubt be counter intuitive. Also if if anyone starts nit picking it does little to help center of gravity.

Seeing as I'm none of the above it doesn't matter to me, but seeing that I never open the damn thing I could do without the failure concerns.

6 hours ago, mrar said:

A friend removed/filled in his.

It is quite a weight saving (can't remember, maybe 45kg would have to ask him he weighed all the bits ) and is positioned at highest point on the car.

20220110_165110.jpg

20220110_165137.jpg

Yep as I alluded to a bit earlier on.

18 hours ago, Joz said:

Quite a weight saving not having one, and being up so high it’s a negative feature.

33 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

I was just looking at that, looks like a good buy, I also like this RS tribute but would change the wheels 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1972-porsche-911-t-manual/SSE-AD-16101526

Agree100% Those black Fuchs with the polished lip on the floor would look the ducks guts.

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

More crap I've got to store somewhere 🤣

Just build another shed mate, it's not like you don't have enough toys to fill another one and this time build a bed and loo in it so you have somewhere to stay when her indoors gets annoyed with you (again) 😀

10 minutes ago, mrar said:

Yep, wouldn't be touching that car. Import and now with a tampered VIN. Poorly rebirth possibly.

On 08/11/2023 at 09:37, 3legs said:

Yep, wouldn't be touching that car. Import and now with a tampered VIN. Poorly rebirth possibly.

Now showing as sold. I watched the auction dumbfounded. Didn’t see the final price but it was over 120 when I last looked (plus 13.45% BP)

Damaged VIN at import. 
Stolen and dumped (plates and key gone). Around a year in a council yard until the insurer located it. Around another year getting insurer sorted to sell at auction. No way to check damage during theft (no key so can’t start) and no inspection allowed. 

Sell price makes zero sense to me???  Fishy.