Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

We were looking at getting a classic mini. We worked out that we could make it fit in our two car garage if we put it on casters and parked it perpendicular to the other cars against the back wall.

Sanity prevailed, unfortunately.

you and me both, I measured out my garage and it'd fit.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1988/SSE-AD-2439006/

while we're on the subject of 928's this looks good buying

One thing to be mindful of when buying an S4 928 Porsche is....how long until I have to spend $5-10K on major servicing items like timing belt replacement? 

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Where do people dredge up these figures? Ask what he paid for the work done 6 months ago.

Wife probably had a thrombo when she saw the bill. Like the Testarossa he quotes , it was (is) a supercar.

But reality : $200 for tools + belt ; $400 for water pump. Probably less than a modern Audi etc.

Add...labour (dirty work). Still...

Gumtree loves to hide state information, so many cars in WA. bit odd advertising a narrow body as a 'non-turbo' isn't it ?

I'm planning on having a look at that blue sc on carsguide next weekend, despite the dubious claims of 100% originality (on a non m491 widebody) and the (obviously not) 20" wheels, and the long period of sitting (last registered 2012).    But I love that colour and i've been staring at this on my desktop for years - http://www.motorapa.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1-930-Turbo.jpg (anyone know anything about those wheels, I haven't seen any other 3 piece fuchs replicas with that many bolts, looks like a fuchs centre on a bbs wheel)

Does anyone other than Porshie (thanks for the PM) know anything about it ?

Does anyone know someone who'd do a good PPI near Canterbury ?

Previous page... some water-cooled discussion (928) here's some more..... in the 944 variety.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/porters-retreat/cars-vans-utes/1982-porsche-944-coupe/1051955966

Auto 944 with trim hanging off the side $11,000

$_20.JPG

Or this 944, complete with Holden 3.8 V6 $13,500

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-1020129&Cr=27

cp5337924398890833602.jpg?height=700&asp

Seems about right, the Moo Motor devalues pretty much anything LOL

Agree. It's a 1982 944 and like most "1st edition" models will be ultimately collectable.

Statements such as  :

"German engineering plus reliability of Holden.are like Basil Fawlty - hilarious , and perpetuate bar room fallacies.

These engines when cared for (oil , coolant and TB/WP - doh) are virtually indestructible. Such is the level of German engineering.

We were looking at getting a classic mini. We worked out that we could make it fit in our two car garage if we put it on casters and parked it perpendicular to the other cars against the back wall.

Sanity prevailed, unfortunately.

Ha ha I measured my Mini up to see if I could spin it around in order to get more cars in mine. I worked out it would fit through the diagonal if I took the bumpers off. So close!

Word of warning, a bank cheque can be cancelled just like any other.

Always make sure its cleared first guys...

Sorry....

The only way the bank cheque can be cancelled is if is presented in person by the person that owns the account it was drawn from.

Sorry....

The only way the bank cheque can be cancelled is if is presented in person by the person that owns the account it was drawn from.

Correct. Unlike a personal cheque, where the funds are drawn only when the cheque is presented, a bank cheque removes the funds immediately and transfers them to the banks account. When the cheque is presented, the finds are transferred from the banks account to the presenters account. It is as good as cash to the person it is made out to, because even if the original account is closed after the cheque is made, the bank cheque is still good. That's because it represents a claim on the banks funds, hence the name.

Correct. Unlike a personal cheque, where the funds are drawn only when the cheque is presented, a bank cheque removes the funds immediately and transfers them to the banks account. When the cheque is presented, the finds are transferred from the banks account to the presenters account. It is as good as cash to the person it is made out to, because even if the original account is closed after the cheque is made, the bank cheque is still good. That's because it represents a claim on the banks funds, hence the name.

Agree with this when done correctly......but what about scammers (of which I know a bit).

Buyer creates false bank cheque - when seller presents it, the teller wipes his rear end with it as that is the most use it will ever have..

Also, beware of PayPal scheme, where the buyer pays you in full through PayPal....might start a new thread on scamming and how to do it  what to look out for  :ph34r:

Sorry....

Not quite - for example in the event of a lost or stolen cheque you can simply call the bank and have it stopped. 

Bank cheques still take 3 days to clear (like any other cheque). Part of the reason for this is to confirm it hasn't been stopped.

Your friendly bank employee,

JV911 

Also, beware of PayPal scheme, where the buyer pays you in full through PayPal....might start a new thread on scamming and how to do it  what to look out for  :ph34r:

And if they offer to pay through Western Union, run!

The only way I would accept a bank cheque as payment is if I went to the bank with the buyer and watched them get it.... too many horror stories of people buying with a fake cheque....

I went to the bank with PO and he was happy with that, as I would also be.....