Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On the plus side it's a HK not a UK import (or converted from LHD) , had a very recent top end and seems to have been serviced at some reputable shops...

+1

If it is straight car (like he says it is) and been well maintained it would be worth a look. HK shouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

bit of a strange question... but how would the masses view a 964 tiptronic? compared to say a 964C4.... compared to a HK Import?

Is there any desire for a tiptronic at all? Are they a 4 or 5 speed? Do they operate the same as my Cayman (minus the buttons on the wheel)?

bit of a strange question... but how would the masses view a 964 tiptronic? compared to say a 964C4.... compared to a HK Import?

Is there any desire for a tiptronic at all? Are they a 4 or 5 speed? Do they operate the same as my Cayman (minus the buttons on the wheel)?

But what do you think? That's the important bit, right?

The 964 tip was the first conventional slush box in a 911. I've never driven one bit they will always be less sought after. But for a daily drive they are probably fine.

I wouldn't care about HK import. If it's a good car it's a good car.

Mike,

This thread will tell you everything you want to know plus more!

But what do you think? That's the important bit, right?

The 964 tip was the first conventional slush box in a 911. I've never driven one bit they will always be less sought after. But for a daily drive they are probably fine.

I wouldn't care about HK import. If it's a good car it's a good car.

I agree with Coastr, drive one and see what you think and don't worry about everyone else. Just remember to waggle the throttle quickly to activate the sport map.... :-)

I just posted this in the Carrera thread, but it really belongs here.....Aussie delivered 75 Carrera...http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1975/SSE-AD-2942456/?Cr=5&sdmvc=1

"1975 Carrera" with SC hood badge.

I think it has been listed incorrectly.

If it was the real deal it would be in the $120k + range.

Without the carpet it's like his gone to the all the effort of baking the cake but doesn't bother putting the icing on it! He has certainly put some time and effort into it.

Am I the only one here that loves Design 90 wheels on 964's? That look of '90's sophistication like shoulder pads and permed hair! :rolleyes:

So, where do you feel the "mistake" is with the '75 Carrera?

- If it was a Carrera 2.7 the price would be preceeded by a 1

- SC badge on the engine lid

- Carreras should have MFI

- The guards are throwing me though - they are either SC or actually Carrera (75 non-carrera would be narrow body)

Really interesting.....

I didn't know they had fuel injection on these In '75...

Thought the SC hood badge might just have been put there...

The guards also had me a little stumped... I didn't think they even looked wide enough to be SC guards...

Thanks for the info....

So, what's the thought....

If it was an SC, it would have a 6 digit odo...

If it was a Carrera, it would have CIS....

?????   :blink:

My gut tells me it looks older than '78, therefore pre SC..... (but I'm no expert..)

It doesn't take much effort to present an ad professionally - if you are wanting a $95k deal...

Orignal panels and vear box. No matching number case, but everything else is original. Leather interior faultless and mechanicLly sound. Colour is original which isnfjord green.

I think you'll find it is late 75 build so a 76.

Nothing fancy but looks clean and liking the beige.

Gearbox only a 'replaced what needed' and engine only reassembled by Poole motor sports.perhaps not all parts replaced - so possible a partial rebuild albeit totally stripped and buttoned up.