Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I think you might want to re-think your tsk and get back to me. ;)

I know the Americanisation of Australia is nearly complete , and mainlanders have their various freeways  , even though some are toll roads  :wacko:

But down here no-one ever says freeway and no-one ever pays any tollman.

We do experience highway robbery though,  via the sherrif of Taxingham in Canberra.

The only jurisdiction in Australia without freeways is the Northern Territory

What do they have?

Yeh better call them ASAP as a few have already sent them msgs. Expect to pay $65k+.

I know they are a dealer and in the business of making money but that pisses me off.

They blatantly bought a car for sale from carsales to add to their stock and onsell for a profit.

It's not as if the car was sitting there for a while and they did the seller a favour, they snapped it up within days.

Unfortunately for the vendor,  I think it's buried a little deeper than on the other two yellow  SC's on the market for 25k atm. In my quest for a half decent 911 for ~$30k I've pondered this one a few times,   'feels' like the honest SC is closer to the surface.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1977/SSE-AD-2581542/?Cr=4&sdmvc=1

I have seen this up close. Its always parked on the corner of High and Bell St's.

I know they are a dealer and in the business of making money but that pisses me off.

They blatantly bought a car for sale from carsales to add to their stock and onsell for a profit.

It's not as if the car was sitting there for a while and they did the seller a favour, they snapped it up within days.

It's called recent engine rebuild customer market price education. Jk.

It is a 130,000km HongKong car and was originally listed privately on carsales at $48,500...

I quite liked it at that money...not so much at $65K+....!

Original advert: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-2939967/?Cr=9&sdmvc=1

Anyone got a link to the current dealer's advert please?

p3_zps2eb196a5.jpg

From another forum and not on car sales yet.

2010 Porsche Boxster Spyder 

- 6 Speed Manual (nicest gearbox I have ever used)
- Factory fitted sports exhaust
- 27xxx km 
- Full Porsche service history
- 10 Months remaining on Porsche factory Warranty (transferable to new owner with the option to extend up until the car is 9 years old) 
- Sat nav, bluetooth, power windows, rear parking sensors, hill assist, climate control, Bi xenons

Asking $119,000
PH: 0457999171

Email: andymac_83@hotmail.com

You're pissed? Imagine how the original seller must feel...  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it happens - when I first started seriously looking for a 964, I missed out on a completely restored red C4 manual coupe by a day or two, the Melbourne mechanic who bought it stuck it back on carsales with a $15K or $20K price hike after two weeks. That really burned me up, especially because I knew deep down inside that it was still prob worth it even after the price hike! I didn't buy it on principle, of course, but it did sit on carsales for 3 years after that - there was no market for a $65K 964. How times have changed.

The 964 is transitioning from being outdated to being a classic, and therefore the market is changing from enthusiasts to collectors. Autohaus Hamilton have snatched a poorly marketed car at an enthusiast price. Then they have probably gone over it with a fine toothed comb, put their stamp and reputation behind it, and are now marketing it to collectors, at a collector price. I'm sure the buyer will be thrilled, and completely oblivious to the fact that they missed out on that initial bargain.

You're pissed? Imagine how the original seller must feel...  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it happens - when I first started seriously looking for a 964, I missed out on a completely restored red C4 manual coupe by a day or two, the Melbourne mechanic who bought it stuck it back on carsales with a $15K or $20K price hike after two weeks. That really burned me up, especially because I knew deep down inside that it was still prob worth it even after the price hike! I didn't buy it on principle, of course, but it did sit on carsales for 3 years after that - there was no market for a $65K 964. How times have changed.

The 964 is transitioning from being outdated to being a classic, and therefore the market is changing from enthusiasts to collectors. Autohaus Hamilton have snatched a poorly marketed car at an enthusiast price. Then they have probably gone over it with a fine toothed comb, put their stamp and reputation behind it, and are now marketing it to collectors, at a collector price. I'm sure the buyer will be thrilled, and completely oblivious to the fact that they missed out on that initial bargain.

I'm going to stick my neck out for Autohaus - I'm sure they will fix any issues with the car they find, and then (somewhat) stand behind the product they sell and provide dealer services.  For some people that is worth a premium and for some they would never buy off a private person.  Perhaps they'll even take a trade on it, which you can't with a private seller.

For all that they'll get their 10 pieces of silver and fair play to them.  The car was fair game on the market and anyone could have turned up with the cash and taken it away.

I'd only have an issue with a dealer making a margin if they were doing it in underhand ways, like telling someone an engine was busted when it just needed a relay or something, and then turning around and selling it.  Or not being honest in the cars history or anything like that.  If they buy a car on the open market, shine it up and offer it with a trade and finance and charge another $10k more, that's the market at work.