Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not Porsche... but I always wanted one for no particular reason other than the engineering masterpiece that is the MB UNIMOG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331315149261?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Oil well in your backyard?  :)

Sorry , another non-Porsche Bargain with "hoodstooth" interior , but you'll need a motor and g'box.

I know it was brought up a bunch of pages back, but does anyone know anything more about that Marina blue 930 in

SA http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-930-1982-17201579

under $50k seems like a bargain for a genuine 930.

With more and more kids of the 80's coming into that disposable income/remeniscant age would I be safe in thinking the values on these should at least hold firm, if not appreciate a bit, even for an import ?

He said he doesn't want offers but because I could probably almost afford that if he came down just a little more

I'm just worried that it's been on the market for quite a while, anyone care to speculate ?

Sorry about the questions, not many Porschefiles to chew the fat with in Bathurst

UK import always puts them off. Do you need aircon in Bathurst?

It's been removed cos it doesn't work very well on old 911s , so you may have to factor that into the price.

Big low profile tyres and other 930 wear/service items are a premium $ over more standard cars. 

As always it depends upon your ability and budget. These are never cars for the faint hearted to own , let alone drive!

If you are serious , definitely pay for a reputable PPI as it will mitigate risk of major heartache.

I know it was brought up a bunch of pages back, but does anyone know anything more about that Marina blue 930 in

SA http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-930-1982-17201579

under $50k seems like a bargain for a genuine 930.

With more and more kids of the 80's coming into that disposable income/remeniscant age would I be safe in thinking the values on these should at least hold firm, if not appreciate a bit, even for an import ?

He said he doesn't want offers but because I could probably almost afford that if he came down just a little more

I'm just worried that it's been on the market for quite a while, anyone care to speculate ?

Sorry about the questions, not many Porschefiles to chew the fat with in Bathurst

Affer making the phone call to the owner , maybe someone here will have a gander? but splash some money on a PPI.

though buying any car of this age and relative 'complexity' ( its not Apollo 13) is the easy bit... couple it with potential put right costs in first year of ownership could make your eyes water ... remember what it felt like to be 10 and get kicked in the nuts ...

Though as above could be that it's not nut bolt correct and a UK import...and he wants a testarossa that's stopping it from selling... pig in a poke or canny budget 930?

though buying any car of this age and relative 'complexity' ( its not Apollo 13) is the easy bit... couple it with potential put right costs in first year of ownership could make your eyes water ... remember what it felt like to be 10 and get kicked in the nuts ...

Well when you put it like that....hehe

Have always wanted one of them. Orange, mini-tubs, 383 stroker

btw I've met this legendary guy a few times ; he still has the car , won't part with it (offered >100k) still on original tyres  :wub: drives it occasionally - aged 83

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/canwehelp/txt/s2675499.htm

That car was on EBAY back in 2010, (for a LOT less) was discussed on other forums, this summed it up pretty well I thought (except the targa bit ;))-:

It's not worth squat. 1st it's a Targa, 2nd it's an American Carrera ( the Euro's are the ones's to have - the American is the same as a 911S), it doesn't have the correct tail, etc plus it was owned by Sonny not Cher

The Sonny car had the engine rebuilt ~2002 ; has still only done 63, 000 MILES - not km as stated in the ad...and the ad from ~2002 states "55229 Miles are NOT Actual"

"Just as beautiful as the deep black of the exterior, the black leather interior is also in fantastic shape. Slide inside of this sleek beauty and you will be pleased to find that the interior looks like brand new, as it has been extremely well maintained."  ;) 

That car was on EBAY back in 2010, (for a LOT less) was discussed on other forums, this summed it up pretty well I thought (except the targa bit ;))-:

It's not worth squat. 1st it's a Targa, 2nd it's an American Carrera ( the Euro's are the ones's to have - the American is the same as a 911S), it doesn't have the correct tail, etc plus it was owned by Sonny not Cher

1384886161047.png