Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks for the comments, taken onboard.  As I'm located in the little island down south, options are limited to drive a tip 993 so I best fly over and do a test drive ;-)  My preference is for a coupe but my budget does not extend to a coupe manual (although that blue 993 in Melb with 230ks is tempting @ $62k).

Wait for the manual coupe otherwise you'll never be 100% satisfied...just be prepared to pay big time for it..

But that's the dilemma right there G! Not all of us can afford the extra $25,000 for a like condition manual 993. So your choice becomes:

Do without on principle - at least you can go to your grave with integrity I guess.

OR

Accept that you won't be able to heel and toe your way to perfect down changes, accept it will take you an extra 0.8 second to do a standing 1km, accept you will never see 266, 267, 268, 269 or 270 kph ever and the worst thing I find is you will have to occasionally let your normally non enthusiast wife/girlfriend/friend/etc drive it and accept the afterglow they get from the experience!

How that diminishes the satisfaction scale, I don't know because it depends so much on an individual's priorities. In fact, there may be some benefits for some people. But I do know I wouldn't want to disparage the choices of others.

I think there is a lot to be said for being content with what you have or can afford.

How about this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1981/SSE-AD-3175874/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

Looks quite original with one owner for 33 years.

Shouldn't have had rust if UK delivered but perhaps lived near the sea. Base model, looks sound enough. Recent TB  work a bonus . Great colour  (same as mine). Who's brave enough to swim with a shark , hmmm?

But then again that silver C4 advertised for $89k at Autohaus sold after a couple months so maybe that silver C2 with less km's and crappy photos on Carsales might be a reasonable buy at $85k.

the one at autohaus was a C4S so in my humble opinion the C2 is overpriced. 

You bought a shark?

Nah, much much worse! (See previous posts.)

Although warming to the idea and quite like this one assuming the year on the footpath hasn't caused it to deteriorate: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1989/SSE-AD-3149589/?Cr=13&sdmvc=1

Tell me something, why do 90% of 928's for sale look like they've had rats living inside?

Tell me something, why do 90% of 928's for sale look like they've had rats living inside?

Dunno , mainlanders have different habits?

That said , it is a very expensive exercise restoring a bad one. And because they don't attract the hysterical following of 911s , restoration is for love not investment. And very few were delivered here in the first place so spare interiors are not lying around.

Mine's pleasantly patinated and very useable. But no cupholders or wrappers.

int928.jpg

Pages 227 and 229

The link to the original Carsales advert still works.

The interior certainly caused some polarised opinions but as Coastr said earlier, don't listen to us! :)

Might be worth dropping Michel a PM.

Now, long drive and PPI!

I like unusual so I love the interior combo!!