Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Imagine a 912 sporto....

Don't convert those sportos, quirky no doubt but they're trendibg. Aren't they?

It would be relatively easy to do I think, find a 'stick shift' (VW Autostick) auto beetle and use all the components from that

might have to massage/make a few bits of bodywork to fit the vacuum diaphragm etc. in though

how hard (expensive) is the sporto to 915 swap?

I have receipts from my 76 from PO re swap from Sporto to 5 speed.

915 $5350

915 Pedal Set $1650

Ring Gear $265

Flywheel Bolts $165

Clutch Cable $176

Clutch Plate $375

Spigot Bearing $44

Various nuts, bolts, springs, washers, etc $300

They charged 16 hours labour to do the job.

Total parts $8325 and that was 2012 prices.

Good kays and a top end overhaul which is worth at least $10k, so it's a $50k Aus delivered SC with low kays...I reckon it's on the money but then again what do I know!

P.s 2 years ago we would have laughed at the price would have been low 40's tops

Isn't it amazing that the SC / Carrera factor doesn't even seem to be a concern or discussion anymore ...

I remember only 12 months ago the gap between the two models was huge and many wouldn't look at an SC, let alone ask this amount of money for one .... my how times have changed

Ronny,

I still think that there is a price difference of about $10k between a like for like SC and C3.2.

What I think has changed is that many people are less likely to be precious about holding out for a C3.2 as the wait may be just to long.

Anyway, where have all the C3.2 's gone? Two years ago they were everywhere, almost vermin!

I agree with what you said Peter ....

I meant to say that the factor of buying An SC or a Carrera isn't an issue anymore .... The price difference is still there but the care factor isn't ....

Thanks for clearing that up for me and saying what I was actually thinking .....

Good kays and a top end overhaul which is worth at least $10k, so it's a $50k Aus delivered SC with low kays...I reckon it's on the money but then again what do I know!

P.s 2 years ago we would have laughed at the price would have been low 40's tops

My LHD SC is insured for 40k now. I doubt I could replace it for that , given it's very fine original condition.

Sounds like you might need to go and study the "It's Insurance time - Again" thread ...... ;)

Why? Very happy with the policy , very little premium increase to get an extra 5k coverage , I live in a very safe neighbourhood and don't have a history of accidents or claims  ;)

Apart from wanting to exclude previous flood and hail damage , or blood on the seats  , the ride quality would be horrendous with those

Wheels and tyres are an easy fix. Flood and hail damage not so.. I'm hoping that was more sarcasm than fact but asking <35 suggests there is more to it

Why? Very happy with the policy , very little premium increase to get an extra 5k coverage , I live in a very safe neighbourhood and don't have a history of accidents or claims ;)

Tazzieman .... I suggested to read the thread purely from the "being underinsured" point of view .... (bit of tongue in cheek really)

It would be horrible to have to make a claim then fork out another $10k to replace it .....

As for your driving, I'll reserve judgement til we meet on an SMT ... then ill be able to comment on that .....