Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

PS my SC is for sale at $60k - form an orderly queue here, please.

Far Out! :o ..... I think mine is as well ..... :rolleyes:

I think we have all thought about such a proposition ourselves at one point or another...in the current market.

But as soon as I start to wonder what I would replace the P-Car with...that's when the thought process ends.

Imagine selling your car and then being priced out of the market  :wacko:

I think we have all thought about such a proposition ourselves at one point or another...in the current market.

But as soon as I start to wonder what I would replace the P-Car with...that's when the thought process ends.

You are spot on D-banger ...

I really only posted it in jest at the prices being not only asked, but realised ...

I think I might wait until next month when it's a $160k car, then I jest no more .... :lol:

Ha I'd go and see the 964 tip for sale and hand over my 60 bones.  Or maybe a 993 cab or something.  Or the best low KM 996 I can find, and buy the other half something shiny with the left overs.

Or track down the mintiest E30 M3 I could find and stash it in the shed and wait for the LHD age rules to make it drivable, and then pocket my change. Only a couple of years left now.

I love the porker but there is a price where I'd love a trailer full of cash more.

Ha I'd go and see the 964 tip for sale and hand over my 60 bones. Or maybe a 993 cab or something. Or the best low KM 996 I can find, and buy the other half something shiny with the left overs.

Or track down the mintiest E30 M3 I could find and stash it in the shed and wait for the LHD age rules to make it drivable, and then pocket my change. Only a couple of years left now.

I love the porker but there is a price where I'd love a trailer full of cash more.

But where do you draw the line 60k today 70k tomorrow?

Are they following 901 and 356 prices ? Are they appreciating on the back of cheap interest rates, bigger equity and a bullish stock market ?

Who cares that our kids won't be able to afford property in years to come, the bigger crime is being priced out of a once enthusiast owned market.

I agree, I look at "collectible" cars on line all the time, even if I got top $$ for mine, whats out there that matches it. I'm talking $ for $.

(what I mean is, say I got $50K for my Oz delivered 87 Carrera G50, whats else is available for that kind of money, that's as good, & has (I hate to say this) the same "investment" potential).

There are not many things I fear except the prospect that my kids won't be able to afford to move out of home!

Don't worry Peter ....

We can always sell or Porsches, buy them a house, and push the little bastards out .... (yes, it will be worth it) ... :lol:

So we all agree that prices are 'high.' We've seen bubbles in stock prices, even in property prices, if we're looking at a bubble in 911 prices, what would a 'pop' look like? 

A flood of 911's on carsales and gumtree? 

So we all agree that prices are 'high.' We've seen bubbles in stock prices, even in property prices, if we're looking at a bubble in 911 prices, what would a 'pop' look like? 

A flood of 911's on carsales and gumtree? 

The end that most of us are swimming in hasn't really seen big increase in prices, especially if you factor inflation in.

A pop would means cars sitting on the market for weeks and months again, rather than hours.  And that means the buyers are back in control and values drop, especially for less desirable examples.

I wouldn't necessarily be buying into a long hood at 6 figures right now.  They are the ones that have exploded in value and are ripe for an adjustment.

I don't think we're ever going to get to the point where a nice 3.2 is in the 20s.

Just watch the interest rates.  It's all to do with the interest rates.

And don't fall for the 'this time it's different' line.  It never is.  

The biggest danger to those with 964 and 993 cars is a relaxing of the import laws back to something reasonable.  You'll always get a premium for a locally delivered car but it would be hard to stretch that premium to 40k or so.

The end that most of us are swimming in hasn't really seen big increase in prices, especially if you factor inflation in.

A pop would means cars sitting on the market for weeks and months again, rather than hours.  And that means the buyers are back in control and values drop, especially for less desirable examples.

I wouldn't necessarily be buying into a long hood at 6 figures right now.  They are the ones that have exploded in value and are ripe for an adjustment.

I don't think we're ever going to get to the point where a nice 3.2 is in the 20s.

Just watch the interest rates.  It's all to do with the interest rates.

And don't fall for the 'this time it's different' line.  It never is.  

The biggest danger to those with 964 and 993 cars is a relaxing of the import laws back to something reasonable.  You'll always get a premium for a locally delivered car but it would be hard to stretch that premium to 40k or so.

Judging by the markets overseas, I am finding the Aussie one lagging in a lot of areas. 930's were cheaper in the UK and US not long ago. Now..., different story. But looking at Hagerty's valuations, the prices have spiked considerably since 2013..., I noticed an ad or two in the online for someone looking to export Porsches from oz. That's an interesting sign. When do you sell? Or the better question is what do you do if you do sell, and the prices never come back down?

Judging by the markets overseas, I am finding the Aussie one lagging in a lot of areas. 930's were cheaper in the UK and US not long ago. Now..., different story. But looking at Hagerty's valuations, the prices have spiked considerably since 2013..., I noticed an ad or two in the online for someone looking to export Porsches from oz. That's an interesting sign. When do you sell? Or the better question is what do you do if you do sell, and the prices never come back down?

The falling Aussie dollar has changed the "import" equation somewhat as well.

I don't see the AUD at parity with the USD for quite a while to come, and further room to fall against the GBP.