Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I got the photos of the logbooks and the label under the bootlid...delivered by scuderia and vin definitely wpozzz...(aus)

Theres a really useful page on Jackals Racetrack explaining all issues with a 993 (not many) including common and expensive windscreen rust repairs.

What to do?

My 1978 Uk import 911 that lived in WA since the early eighties has no rust whatsoever mqc993. They're all galvanised so the risks are minimised, especially with a mid 90's car. That said, the risks are still present.

It's always a gamble but these cars are built exceptionally well, if the owner gives you confidence that its been well maintained and the deal feels right - go for it. I also reckon classic cars from WA are a little cheaper cause the main market is on the east coast and not prepared to take the risk, this can create opportunity.

I am not the worlds greatest haggler, and feel the car is more than fairly priced, so would anyone have and idea of cost to repair both areas and would you make an offer less those costs or just walk?

As mentioned in previous posts I would happily pay more for a great example...but am getting frustrated waiting for them to become available.

Those two spots are very common for rust on the 993. I know 4 cars on this forum that have all had one of those spots with rust. Either fron windscreen or back screen. Mine has a little spot on the drivers side bottom of front screen. The other 3 cars as well as mine are all australian delivered and all looked after lovingly. It's just one of those things.....

Those two spots are very common for rust on the 993. I know 4 cars on this forum that have all had one of those spots with rust. Either fron windscreen or back screen. Mine has a little spot on the drivers side bottom of front screen. The other 3 cars as well as mine are all australian delivered and all looked after lovingly. It's just one of those things.....

I Told you guys you wash your cars too often

Let us get this 993 rusted windscreen thing covered.

I recently had my screen replaced due to a large crack and while it was out I had a couple of rust spots addressed.

This is not at all uncommon for 993s and is a result of a poor design. Porsche has published a TSB on the windscreen installation and advised on additional sealing between the screen and surround to prevent water sitting in the void. This is a VERY common procedure which my body shop performs on a regular basis. Be aware though, that the rust can be relatively light which was the case in mine, or extremely aggressive to the point where large sections of metal actually need to be replaced.

T-Man, price guide on front screen replacement and rust repair?

Screen was replaced at no cost under the insurance windscreen policy and while it was out the rust was repaired.

Non genuine screen with basic repair should be no more than about $2-2.5K.

$1000 for.back window rust and $4500 for front screen and rust

The rear windscreen has an inner and an outer seal. If the inner seal has been affected by rust, then the whole rear windscreen will also need replacing as the inner seal cannot be purchased on its own.

Seems to be more common in ex Sydney cars.

Thanks once again for the feedback everyone.

I will try to get it sorted this morning.

The seller mentioned he has had a lot of enquiry and a couple of guys were going to see it this morning...hopefully little rust spots put them off and he sells it to me!

Its the right price...

Will keep you all posted.