Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

For those looking at the SC

The white SC , has rust in wings , headlamp areas , crazing down the near side wing and paint falling off

Top of near side door also , some kind of mould on the paint surface on bonnet , maybe from a tarp.

It also has badly scuffed seats and I think a cracked dash, aftermarket steering wheel

Import RHD , probably out UK

Mehanically ok but has been stored 2 years, unknown Service history, seems a little rich for that price… probably a good car at a much lower price….I think we are all looking at the good side

Have fun

Oh

ys

the Q is why not sold

non-matching numbers, forward-dated car that will cost more to put back to original (re-back-date?) than the asking price 

Wow...  Rob would know the market but I wonder how he can put such an inflated price on  his car over the other 2 that have not sold in all these months?  Is he just trying it on to see if he can get it?

It's the, "if i whack a huge price tag on it, it will seem rare and appealying" theory

This SC looks nice...

I bet it's sold by dinner tomorrow!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3366605

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-21%20at%207.22.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-21%20at%207.22.4

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-21%20at%207.23.1

77 SC? Computer says "no"

Couple of cars on this site. The 3.2 is back on because finance fell though apparently. Haven't seen any of these

http://classicrally.com.au/classic_car_marketplace.htm

Nice Roller - would be sweet with an LS engine swap 

I wonder if Clinton is sitting on a 77 C3.o and doesn't know it?

45k is still to high if it is a C3.o, given symsy's discription. Only IMO of course.

all else being equal, C3s command a premium over SCs, no?

for 16k it could be anyone's kind of car - is this ridiculously cheap because it is likely to be a shit box, or is this the market rate for these cars?

It is far from ridiculously cheap.

Can range from $3k ish for a decent one (6 cylinder) up to $10k/ $15k with maybe $20k for a pristine one.

A 6.3 V8 (w109) will be $20k up to $30k odd. So at $16k it is priced in the upper end, and may well be worth it.

I have bought 3 over the years - $150 parts car, $1300 fixer and the only one I have registered at the moment for $3000 plus I spent a bit more, it is far from pristine but goes well and has no rust (these can rust a lot!) Paint in places is ordinary. 60's Mercs are really cheap in Aus. All mine are 2.5 6s and 66 or 67.

For what you spend you get a lot of car!!

I do have some photos if anyone wants them , their on my email and I havea glitch with photobucket so cant attach in the forum , till i fix it , It also has a cracked rear wing 

email me at stevesyms@gmail.com , happy to share 

all else being equal, C3s command a premium over SCs, no?

Historically yes.

My thinking of why 45K is to dear for this car is if it needs a 30k paint job, 10k retrim and a good service then we are talking Oz Delivered money unless prices have gone up again. It has been 5minutes since I lasted looked.

For those looking at the SC

The white SC , has rust in wings , headlamp areas , crazing down the near side wing and paint falling off

Top of near side door also , some kind of mould on the paint surface on bonnet , maybe from a tarp.

It also has badly scuffed seats and I think a cracked dash, aftermarket steering wheel

Import RHD , probably out UK

Mehanically ok but has been stored 2 years, unknown Service history, seems a little rich for that price… probably a good car at a much lower price….I think we are all looking at the good side

Have fun

Pics from Steve.

963884b3c5dbb2de5b8fee78f22f3bdd_zpsqfye

2ca4ef9a0483b59071dafcec5334a118_zpstibc

bc1fca9d297da2a17a43bdaa74a7873a_zpszzmh

9c21010580eae7639e839921db24a631_zpsj2fs

95d9b46dc69d503a1e6c51c15fc9d949_zpsuk9y

I wonder if Clinton is sitting on a 77 C3.o and doesn't know it?

45k is still to high if it is a C3.o, given symsy's discription. Only IMO of course.

Is there any VIN and engine number details available to properly identify?

I bet there will be a few cheap cars on the market out of sydney advertised with a good clean headlining next week , if they have been left out in that rain and the floods like the ones in surry hills .

I have my car on high ground !!!