Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What about this car?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1979/SSE-AD-3360556/?Cr=1

It's been for sale for quite some time.. (few months?)

Please educate me :S

I actually like that one - but the mods are holding it back IMO - interior and looks like electronic fuel injection. Both a PITA to revert. I'm not a fan of 'upgrading' the interior. I prefer original interiors 99% of the time. The engine mods are probably great but not when original is all buyers seem to care about.

I'd happily have it in the garage though

Edited by GUT

I actually like that one - but the mods are holding it back IMO - interior and looks like fuel injection. Both a PITA to revert. I'm not a fan of 'upgrading' the interior. I prefer original interiors 99% of the time. The engine mods are probably great but not when original is all buyers seem to care about.

I'd happily have it in the garage though

+ its old. 930's were made over 14 years. Might aswell get a young one ;)

there's your completion Claywong. GUT already has a red 930 yet smells the blood of of an Aussi delivered to add to his stable :)

Probably already sold. Mind you - ad says the guys called Kon. Probably out clubbing and has his phone off

Haha unfortunately no red 930 in my garage. It's a humble 3.2 hiding beneath turbo haunches. Aussie delivered, mind you :)

The turbo is a 10 pound pom dressed in blue. Needs a friend. If I can't have a 901 (since the bloody things are impossible to find/afford), then I have to play this cat and mouse game.

Why list at under 100k then :(

selling old p-cars has become like selling realestate. Basically an auction. But with 3.2's now being advertised for $140k this was always going to be underpriced. The guy has probably had so many offers in the last 24hrs he is now thinking big numbers. Sellers market

Wow, calm down guys ... he had no idea what current values are and was pricing it at what he thought was fair.

not everyone's a money hungry pseudo investor....

He sold for $145 this morning, which I would say is bang on the money given all the variables.

i personaly am stoked for him.

Ok, fair enough. Good on him.

A call back or return text would be appreciated though.

Was it Aussie delivered? Any mods? Exhaust tip hints at something 'down there'.

This stuff would help gauge what our cars are worth these days so we can be sure when/if we decide to sell.

I hope we don't see it flipped by CTS, Duttons, autohaus for +30% in coming weeks.

Mostly it's buyers and those invested in them are creating the hype, not sellers.

How many calls/offers would he have got up until he sold?

Good for him, not so good for those that missed out.

Who wouldn't line their pockets while the gold is coming in?

Edited by firstone

This seems cheap for a 944 Turbo (but not cheap enough to build a 944 outlaw out of it, wife says "no") and it's been around for a while, might be something wrong with it?

Potentially a great outlaw or track car project at $12k??

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1986/SSE-AD-3404555/?Cr=3

Edited by MB911

This seems cheap for a 944 Turbo (but not cheap enough to build a 944 outlaw out of it, wife says "no") and it's been around for a while, might be something wrong with it?

Potentially a great outlaw or track car project at $12k??

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1986/SSE-AD-3404555/?Cr=3

Does seem cheap. If the clutch is starting to slip, the factory labour estimate is 23 hours. Then add some parts at Porsche prices.

Thanks Lee, but I'm in that frustrating space where I really want to build something, but if I do anything with cars it will be selling not buying right now. Two kids at private school and a wife who likes holidays keeps the risk of excess cash to an absolute minimum LOL

Just day dreaming at the moment.... :) 

Thanks Lee, but I'm in that frustrating space where I really want to build something, but if I do anything with cars it will be selling not buying right now. Two kids at private school and a wife who likes holidays keeps the risk of excess cash to an absolute minimum LOL

Just day dreaming at the moment.... :) 

a well chosen 911 purchase could pay for future private school fees...

I agree completely T, but I should have made that purchase in 2011 when I bought the 944, I was "this close" to paying an extra $5k for a nice 3.2 at the time......:(:wacko:

I am sure many on this site with similar stories. I count myself lucky that I have only been in the 'game ' for 8 months so never had the misfortune of seeing 'really cheap' cars.Slightly worse though is a mate who sold his early 60's 911 for $35k through CTS about 4 years ago. Potential 7 years private school fees lost there :(