Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It funny how we can take onboard  a fake 930 clone or RS clone and is a ok but a 959 now thats pushing it ..maybe its the custard paint work 

I think the difference is that an RS clone is really just a bit of bodywork and some type of hot engine.  It was a factor y hot rod.  Whereas the 959 was a bonafide super car with exotic materials and high tech for the day.   So any 959 replica falls into the kit car realm rather than a hot rod with inspiration.  I think - if you were a madman - you could build a good 959 replica from a 993 TT donor, because at least it would have the go to match the show.  And then there is the small matter that the 959 is a wee bit ugly to start with.

i would feel the same about a replica Carrera GT for what it is worth.

But on the topic of the yellow car, yes you could do-louse it and come up with something cool.  If the EFI setup works ok it might be worth continuing, maybe with some velocity stacks.  And reinstalling the factory heat, and getting rid of the custom console, and finding some wheels, and finding some panels....and, and, and....

But on the topic of the yellow car, yes you could do-louse it and come up with something cool.  If the EFI setup works ok it might be worth continuing, maybe with some velocity stacks.  And reinstalling the factory heat, and getting rid of the custom console, and finding some wheels, and finding some panels....and, and, and....

It would end up a car that's cost a huge sum and is then worth? Because no-one hangs on to their builds,  do they?

It would end up a car that's cost a huge sum and is then worth? Because no-one hangs on to their builds,  do they?

you have read between the lines and discovered the meaning of my post.

you could have this car for the cost of the yellow one plus tracking down the panels and parts

http://www.usatoaus.com/Information.aspx?id=102371&keyword=Porsche&description=false&minprice=&price=&cid=1&sidx=0&eidx=8

you could have this car for the cost of the yellow one plus tracking down the panels and parts

http://www.usatoaus.com/Information.aspx?id=102371&keyword=Porsche&description=false&minprice=&price=&cid=1&sidx=0&eidx=8

or this one too!

http://www.usatoaus.com/Information.aspx?id=101020&keyword=porsche&description=false&minprice=&price=&cid=0&sidx=0&eidx=8

Wow, that site is great. I had never seen it before.

A branded title can mean many things as well.  Best to research the individual car/title before judging.  Does it matter if a modified 35 year old porsche was once stolen/recovered??   Does it drive any different?  First rule of 911 buying : they are not all original concourse candidates.

Wow, that site is great. I had never seen it before.

careful!  Next thing you'll be driving a LHD and being shunned like a 928 driver.

Just called them.

The want $139,995

They also just sold the garnet red C3.2 this week for $84,995.

I told the saleman that I need to have a cup of tea and a lie down.

Silver Carrera 3.2 at CTS seems to have sold.

Sold in just over a week for I guess close to the asking price.

Is there a limit to how often I can say "You're kidding aren't you?!!!"