Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes Mike, that baby blue one is a bit of a fixer upper. Been for sale for a while, I think the price is about double what the car is worth.....

I saw the yellow Targa on carsales but not sure I like the combo of Yellow and Targa, doesn't seem to go together for me.

I think I need at least a 3.0, targa or coupe, manual, prefer RHD but not fussed. Less than 200,000 Kms. Aircon as I live in Brissy. In my price range of course. Easy!

Aircon as I live in Brissy.

In a pre 964 that will cost you.  I know the likes of Autohaus Hamilton can install a working A/C unit into older 911s but it'll cost you thousands of dollars!  This was a major factor for me when I was shopping for a Porsche.  But now I've owned the Boxster for what 8 months. I've realised I can get away with using it very very rarely.  But in Bris for example, that would be harder.  If the weather is stinking hot, I wouldn't drive it.

Adventurine Green is a great colour, however not at the top end of the asking price spectrum, which makes the price seem high.........................even with a top end rebuild.

Interesting direction the 993 market is taking.

Adventurine Green is a great colour, however not at the top end of the asking price spectrum, which makes the price seem high.........................even with a top end rebuild.

Interesting direction the 993 market is taking.

It is quite high relative to most NB examples I've seen on the market. Maybe a bit of dealer premium

Hi Mike, Yeah I would love to enter the realm of air-cooled Porsches. I have a plan for my next big birthday. a little over 2 1/2 years to go and so far I'm on track for something that, at the moment and today's prices, will hopefully fit my list of requirements. And be as reliable as a 30 or so year old car can be......

Boxster plan is the daily drive as it has working aircon by the way, so a 2 P man. Woohoo, bring it on!

Decided I need to sell my 964C2 manual. Bloody hard to find C2 and manual and great condition...and it's Guards Red!

A few guys here will know it from SMT late last year. Serviced recently at Cairns Hallam (Sean). RWC will be supplied. Planning to fit 4 new tyres but will wait for buyer preference. Will list at $63k but open to sensible offers from PFA'ers

See here for details

I had fun playing chasey with this 964 on the recent SMT and it is one nice car!  I'm kind of digging 964s at the mo' and if I were Porscheless I'd be having a good look at it. 

Its a great car but I've decided I want to get back into track days and the 964 is too good for that. Better to buy something already setup.

Are you sure DJM?  Why not pick up something else to do that in and keep that 964? Might be hard for you to replace it down the track.  Obviously my suggestion requires garage space etc and extra funds, which might not be appropriate for you - but just wanted to throw that out there.

I feel :(  to see you parting with a car you were so excited about so quickly.

Amanda, yep considered all of that.  I don't get a lot of time to drive it anyway (between kids, business etc) so one all rounder "toy" is enough. 

Since buying the 964, I've been reluctant to track it even though that was part of the original plan.  In previous cars, I've done lots of track days and, while i do it for fun, it inevitably ends up with wanting to go faster.  More power, then drive a bit harder and try to catch that guy that's just a bit quicker, then I'll need a seat and harness, sick of that bonnet strap, just put in some bonnet pins, need a second set of rims...... on it goes.  

To subject the 964 to that would be a shame/waste.  Something like RSR's 968 Turbo RS would fit the brief better.....

it's got lots of oil in it though!

What are hardtops for a 964 cabrio like?

Erm thats a Coupe I think Russ :P

I've never actually seen one, not sure they exist  (amanda runs off to google to check)

EDIT - like this  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-964-993-Strosek-style-Hardtop-New-/180336012143

69_3.JPG

Or erm....

DSC00198_1.JPG

Personally tho, I prefer this version   :P  :D  :)

porsche-911-964-targa-001201107_17_por.j