Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

At that price no observations about imports and by definition rust buckets from the Australian market ? :)

Maxted-Page are artis-anal and would either repair or avoid rust. That CS has been dry stored and I seriously doubt ever saw a salty road. Far more salty weather on the eastern seaboard of Australia; it doesn't have to be from the roads.

996 4S / Any thoughts on this one fellas? - Someone on here perhaps?

Meets my max 100k KM criteria - Just about!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2003/SSE-AD-3679214/?Cr=7

Probably worth a yarn....

Jim.

I think the car looks the goods in that combo.  996.2 looks tough and you get the 3.6 but if you do call I'd ask him to elaborate on the 'Hardly Used' comment though.  M96's dont like to be 'Hardly Used"

with the seller not us

Tough crowd!

I have no doubt it's the year of the 996.2 but I think some owners of low end 996's are getting a bit excited and jumping the gun!

yeah and we see the carsales list prices, not the sell prices. People can list their car for whatever price they want. Plenty of the 996s on carsales have been listed for quite a while. 

997 prices still seem to be falling too.

yeah and we see the carsales list prices, not the sell prices. People can list their car for whatever price they want. Plenty of the 996s on carsales have been listed for quite a while. 

997 prices still seem to be falling too.

A friend bought a 996 last year. Got it for $12k less than asking price, as the seller was desperate for cash. Nice car too

edit. Just read the above ad

'A dream to drive. Real head turner. A real gem. Sits on the road like shes on rails'

Did the seller swallow the 'Car Salesmans Ultimate Sales Pitch' handbook?

A friend bought a 996 last year. Got it for $12k less than asking price, as the seller was desperate for cash. Nice car too

edit. Just read the above ad

'A dream to drive. Real head turner. A real gem. Sits on the road like shes on rails'

Did the seller swallow the 'Car Salesmans Ultimate Sales Pitch' handbook?

isn't that what Richard Gear says in pretty women when he's driving that hooker around in a lotus?

Maxted-Page are artis-anal and would either repair or avoid rust. That CS has been dry stored and I seriously doubt ever saw a salty road. Far more salty weather on the eastern seaboard of Australia; it doesn't have to be from the roads.

The one at Maxed-Page is £250k Sterling + not $250k AUD. Don't know much about the one at Brooklands.

Then adjust your filter to 996.2 manual coupes and there are only 5 cars total at any price...

Take away the one I shared which is really a Tip..

Take away the UK import

Take away the pair of Carrera 4S

And only ONE Aus Delivered 996.2 Carrera 2 on the market!

So right now they are more scarce than a GT3, GT3RS, GT2, 993TT's....

Edited by TrevMcRev

Then adjust your filter to 996.2 manual coupes and there are only 5 cars total at any price...

Take away the UK import

Why exclude the 996.1? It is the model that I would go for? And the old 2 vs 4 argument...... :ph34r:

Take away the UK import

So being affordable they have all been bought up. That doesn't surprise me!

The other models are in the collector's market now. That's completely different from the "General marketplace" aisle ;)

So being affordable they have all been bought up. That doesn't surprise me!

The other models are in the collector's market now. That's completely different from the "General marketplace" aisle ;)

Brought up for sure, along with the man coupe Turbos (definitely the year of the 996 turbo!)... Cmon all you airheads, admit it! Plenty of you have a low k 996 tucked away in storage in a far off location .... just waiting for the golden years, "First of the water cooled" hahahhaha