Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0816-244543/1954-porsche-356-pre-a-speedster/

I love the rawness and simplicity of the pre-A Speedster. 

I like them too! Not for the man who worries about his masculine image , but for one who is comfortable with his lot in life ;) and appreciates the early heritage of the marque, er brand.

I like them too! Not for the man who worries about his masculine image , but for one who is comfortable with his lot in life ;) and appreciates the early heritage of the marque, er brand.

To me it's almost the ultimate Porsche, a no frills sports car that just works. It's just a car to drive without distraction, and it really is what Porsche meant back then

It's just a car to drive without distraction, and it really is what Porsche meant back then

Before 'mericans insisted on aircon , PS , stereos and similar lard.

The poverty spec 911 still appeals to me. I have no need or desire for most of the gizmos. Gizmos which are essentially distractions from the gokarts of our youth.

I don't even need a heater , and my thyroid works perfectly!

Pity the 911R is such an exclusive build.

The red one appears to have a non-matching engine and gearbox, whilst the blue one seemingly has.

Lol red one just got a price increase from $58k to $65k! It started at $50k, and has been on the market for over a month, and 2 price increases.

The Porsche used market is a weird one :lol::lol::lol:

Lol red one just got a price increase from $58k to $65k! It started at $50k, and has been on the market for over a month, and 2 price increases.

The Porsche used market is a weird one :lol::lol::lol:

there's a 928 that's been on the market for a l o n g time that started at $24k and has had many price changes and is now at $43k

there's a 928 that's been on the market for a l o n g time that started at $24k and has had many price changes and is now at $43k

Would that be the UK import one that was supposedly owned by "Maclaren racing"? Looks like not the link the McLaren Cars as he is suggesting.....

If he had kept it at $24k he may just have sold it by now......

Would that be the UK import one that was supposedly owned by "Maclaren racing"? Looks like not the link the McLaren Cars as he is suggesting.....

If he had kept it at $24k he may just have sold it by now......

The Slattery Auctions 928 S4 just sold for 30k - some enthusiastic bidders.  Did anyone actually see the car?  I only had the benefit of some pictures so wasn't comfortable going too hard.  Was there excitement in the room or was it just a great car?

The Slattery Auctions 928 S4 just sold for 30k - some enthusiastic bidders.  Did anyone actually see the car?  I only had the benefit of some pictures so wasn't comfortable going too hard.  Was there excitement in the room or was it just a great car?

I'm glad I missed it! High price for a car that isn't driveable!

I'm glad I missed it! High price for a car that isn't driveable!

Completely agree - allegedly had a 'fuel pump fault'.  I understand it has been sitting at the auction house for approximately 2 years awaiting sale - stale petrol might also be an issue I suppose, but who knows what other gremlins may be lurking.  I suspect recommissioning is going to cost $$$.  Still, it looked in nice enough condition and I would consider the 130k genuine, having regard to the condition of the seat bolsters.  No documentation at all available, though. 

Is anyone here the lucky winner?

i steadfastly refused to travel 5 minutes from my office to look at it because I didn't want to be tempted.  I assumed a 928 in a sad state at an auction house in Dandenong would get little interest and perhaps you could pick it up $10k or so and have yourself a project.  Who knows, fit a fuel pump and maybe it would run.  But $30k proves 928s have gone mad like everything else. 

i steadfastly refused to travel 5 minutes from my office to look at it because I didn't want to be tempted.  I assumed a 928 in a sad state at an auction house in Dandenong would get little interest and perhaps you could pick it up $10k or so and have yourself a project.  Who knows, fit a fuel pump and maybe it would run.  But $30k proves 928s have gone mad like everything else. 

Agree - I just wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation, being that close! 

Running is one thing...driving reliably is quite another.  Good luck to whomever bought it...

Not sure why you'd pay $30k (plus buyers premium?) for a non runner at auction when you could test drive and have inspected the same colour car for $30k negotiable on carsales...

My sentiments exactly - even with another 30k on it.

Not sure why you'd pay $30k (plus buyers premium?) for a non runner at auction when you could test drive and have inspected the same colour car for $30k negotiable on carsales...

Begs the question why has the carsales one not sold (surely the auction buyer was aware of it?) and what was so special about the auction one.... some Porsche sales defy any logic.....

Some of the other jucy ones

GT3 2007….Gone..CS Silver one …To a good home that I know at a great price….had to pass on that gem as i couldn't justify parking that one outside a rental property along with the 5 other cars ;)  

Few more out there …RS is still available … hopefully the Mrs will accept a caravan rather than a house and I can grab it :) but might need a scraper to get the rubber and tar of the underside.

Why hasnt the 996 GT3 been snatched from Mount Martha

Who grabbed the 356A coupe?? Someone here ..deposited..off carsales??

PS The mint Peugeot 205 GTI got whipped away …low kms ..now theres an investment