Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

makes this one look like it sold too cheap in the end... 

porschecrap_zpse6e8edc9.png

Good 964's are becoming quite sought after, I'm sure this sat for a reason hence the low sale price. 

G6802099AA.jpg
PORSCHE 1991 911 Carrera 964, Sports Automatic. Great condition.
BMU30E $44,500ono.
Ph: 0417 662 660

This one was in Carsales earlier this year and didn't sell and has just resurfaced in the Newcastle Herald last weekend. 

If you are in the market it would be worth a look as it looked very well cared for in the photos I saw.  I'm sure you would get used to the white interior eventually. 

I see Sheldon (from PCQLD) has put his 76 Carrera 3.0 back on the market. Well worth a look if you're in the market.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/SSE-AD-951360/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

cp5068017876416578673.jpg?height=700&asp

Spoke with Sheldon this evening. 10 enquirers in a couple of days and he loaded it onto a transport bound for Sydney today. Anyone here? I would love to see it in the flesh.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-930-1981/AGC-AD-15829564/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

I've been looking forward to seeing this come onto the market.  Must admit I was surprised at the price, even for such a tidy example!

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

PS:  Ben,

I hope Sheldon's car is owned by a local as I'm keen to see it too.

I love 964's and after all the talk on here about the tip advocates, I'm keen to take one for a drive one day...it's easy to dismiss a non manual air cooled Porsche however after reading many owners comments on here I reckon there's a chance I own one in the future...

When my mortgage is gone.... I'd totally go for that!

I love 964's and after all the talk on here about the tip advocates, I'm keen to take one for a drive one day...it's easy to dismiss a non manual air cooled Porsche however after reading many owners comments on here I reckon there's a chance I own one in the future...

I wouldn't dismiss a Tip either. Whilst the Boxster gearbox was awesome, in a 964 I'd buy on condition and price over the transmission type.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-930-1981/AGC-AD-15829564/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

I've been looking forward to seeing this come onto the market.  Must admit I was surprised at the price, even for such a tidy example!

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

PS:  Ben,

I hope Sheldon's car is owned by a local as I'm keen to see it too.

I assume that this is the car that was recently for sale in SA with the terrible photos? Is not cheap but there is an excess of buyers over tidy cars. Expensive but tidy cars still seem to be moving. Would not be my first choice of colours but you could learn to love it, very 1981.

I predict that the autohaus 'halo effect' will see this car gone in the next two -three weeks.

Would not be my first choice of colours but you could learn to love it, very 1981.

I predict that the autohaus 'halo effect' will see this car gone in the next two -three weeks.

If I had excess cash and wanted to add a car to a collection right now, I would just pick up the phone and ask for their bank transfer details.  It'd be sold in 5 minutes!

Sadly, that is NOT the situation!

G6802099AA.jpg

PORSCHE 1991 911 Carrera 964, Sports Automatic. Great condition.

BMU30E $44,500ono.

Ph: 0417 662 660

This one was in Carsales earlier this year and didn't sell and has just resurfaced in the Newcastle Herald last weekend. 

If you are in the market it would be worth a look as it looked very well cared for in the photos I saw.  I'm sure you would get used to the white interior eventually. 

At the risk of pointing out my almost rainman like ability to remember every Porsche I’ve ever seen for sale. I Can tell you that the 2 time in ~7 years that car has been for sale with the same photo’s. Car seems like an ok thing if you want a tip but much like the current owner knows it’s always going to be a hard car to sell.

it's a Webasto roof that is unique to the 993 Targa. They normally make pretty good folding rooves but apparently it's a bit finicky - it might come from people not repairing them properly, but I'm not sure

parts are now hard to find (as Webasto made the parts, I think Porsche had some stock but they're slowly depleting if they haven't already)

there's a few Pelican threads about it

At the risk of pointing out my almost rainman like ability to remember every Porsche I’ve ever seen for sale. I Can tell you that the 2 time in ~7 years that car has been for sale with the same photo’s. Car seems like an ok thing if you want a tip but much like the current owner knows it’s always going to be a hard car to sell.

Nah, that's OK, we need the rainmen to give us the hard data!

Like James said the other week, it's the price that ultimately determines if a car sells or not and I'm starting to realise that some owners don't really want to sell at all and are just going through the motions for some reason.