Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks Trev, do remember anything else about it... price, if it sold, anything that stood out with it good or bad, etc? I did a search and found that it was listed on ebay, but the link is too old to call up the listing now or any details about it.

I remember instantly thinking it looked great!  Some on here though quickly pointed out some faults...wheel spacing/alignment under rear guards rings a bell...  I think it was around  $70K

Anyone know anything about that Tangerine, AKA Red LHD 1969 911S on Carsales. It's been listed for a little while. I just wanted to know for how long and if anyone knew the car & had some insight on it.

Asking on behalf of a contact in the US on the hunt for a LHD 911S. Old mate in the US is pretty keen & so is his wife!

He had her call the dealership to find out some more about the car.

The dealer said it has only been there a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case and the dealer meant to say a few months.

They are asking about $135k.

Anyone know anything about that Tangerine, AKA Red LHD 1969 911S on Carsales. It's been listed for a little while. I just wanted to know for how long and if anyone knew the car & had some insight on it.

Asking on behalf of a contact in the US on the hunt for a LHD 911S. Old mate in the US is pretty keen & so is his wife!

He had her call the dealership to find out some more about the car.

The dealer said it has only been there a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case and the dealer meant to say a few months.

They are asking about $135k.

maybe of help to post a link to the car?

With regards to the '69 S it looks very nice but there are a few things I don't understand.

The centre fill fuel tank and the (very neat) aftermarket R style seats and cheap  door panels and also the muffler, at the asking price I would expect originality.

Also it is probably just me but in picture 7 the door and the rear quarter appear to be different colours

Yeah that's the one.

Any idea on how long the ad has been running?

I thought I saw the ad a few months ago but am not sure.

It does look good but not 100% period.

I guess old mate in the US doesn't mind the way it is atm and would have access to far more period parts in the US then we have here.

Yeah that's the one.

Any idea on how long the ad has been running?

I thought I saw the ad a few months ago but am not sure.

It does look good but not 100% period.

I guess old mate in the US doesn't mind the way it is atm and would have access to far more period parts in the US then we have here.

at least since March...

Just posted http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/1973-porsche-911-e-targa-project/1047929531

Winter work for someone with too much time on their hands?

I thought it was this one for a tic - this looks like its got good bones

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/porsche/auction-735253618.htm

The Hobart car might be 'ruined' by the sale of that LHD E from WA a few weeks ago . Everything by comparison looks like a wreck and a divorce in the making ;)

I thought it was this one for a tic - this looks like its got good bones

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/porsche/auction-735253618.htm

The Hobart car might be 'ruined' by the sale of that LHD E from WA a few weeks ago . Everything by comparison looks like a wreck and a divorce in the making ;)

I like that except the cup holder  :blink:

I recall this car was on gumtree a month ago and the seller mentioned it was drivable two weeks prior to him listing it. He pulled the engine and box out according to what he said back then