Porsche, under rated?

Pauly

I agree with Dave. Nissan have a long history in racing in all forms going back to 1936. I did a little research after reading his post. And just to be clear there were no stats to manipulate or spin in his comments just historical fact that can be backed up by evidence. See the link below interesting reading. 

http://datsunhistory.com/home.html

Anyway how lucky are we to live in the circumstances we do to be able to enjoy the cars we have no matter what they are....

I love em all.....

C

Age and experience is usually far more accurate than unbridled enthusiasm 

edit Until alzheimer`s kicks in

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Dave. Nissan have a long history in racing in all forms going back to 1936. I did a little research after reading his post. And just to be clear there were no stats to manipulate or spin in his comments just historical fact that can be backed up by evidence. See the link below interesting reading. 

http://datsunhistory.com/home.html

Anyway how lucky are we to live in the circumstances we do to be able to enjoy the cars we have no matter what they are....

I love em all.....

C

I've always liked the Z - great looking car

danz.JPG

Now I'm on the Nissan breeding path have found  an early shot of the origins of the mighty Godzilla.

The 1960 Datsun Fairlady, mildly reminiscent of a 356 Cabriolet eh!

Dave

1511911_604394316276196_834071821_n.jpg

If they had called it The volcano or Tsunami or something other than Fairlady it may have taken off in the west a whole lot quicker

If they had called it The volcano or Tsunami or something other than Fairlady it may have taken off in the west a whole lot quicker

They could call it Rambo,  but that is still not a man's car  :( It makes Grace Kelly's Sunbeam Alpine in "To Catch a Thief" look completely butch by comparison.

interesting link re Datsun but I found it kind of ironic that it all basically started because the good Doctor got his butt kicked by a privateer Porsche

Dr. Sakuri of Prince took his Skyline GT's out to race at the 64 GP, only to have them defeated by a privately entered Porsche. Immediately after the race, Dr. Sakuri set up the Prince Motoring Club and began development of the R380.

This is just the Major race history of Porsche.

Major victories and championships TAG-Porsche engine in McLaren cars
  • 3 Formula One Driver World Championship (1984, 1985, 1986)
  • 2 Formula One Constructor World Championship (1984, 1985)
  • 25 Formula One victories (1984, 12 wins; 1985, 6 wins; 1986, 4 wins; 1987, 3 wins)

Now I'm on the Nissan breeding path have found  an early shot of the origins of the mighty Godzilla.

Dave

DAY14Saigonchristmas9.jpg

That "Fairlady" had some name problems, but couldn't be any worse than this one the "FAIRY"

Sorry getting off post now.   Let you blokes get back to what ever was happening, just thought I would lighten it up a bit.

Dave

1511911_604394316276196_834071821_n.jpg

Wow! Now that's a girls car! It's rather pretty in that pale shade of pink.

It certainly has a 356 resemblance, just a bit more boxey and not as sporty looking. This is more a boulevard cruiser :)

That "Fairlady" had some name problems, but couldn't be any worse than this one the "FAIRY"

Sorry getting off post now.   Let you blokes get back to what ever was happening, just thought I would lighten it up a bit.

What a knockout Niko, where the heck did you did find that one. LMAO. Do you think it is genuine?

What you reckon Tassieman. Butch enough 

Dave

LOL probs the worst car name ever.

Worse then Ford Probe and Dodge Swinger.

What a knockout Niko, where the heck did you did find that one. LMAO. Do you think it is genuine?

Dave

Heheh...it,s a ripper ain't it.

found it in downtown Saigon back in 2010. It was definitely genuine.

I think it is a "gentle little love child" to Mr and mrs Nissan.

I haven't actually chased it up or googled it.

Gotta be the worse name a car could get though.

Maybe we should start a separate thread on car names....

One of the main reasons why I have always been interested in 911's is due to its continual design evolution. In my mind (and line of work) the design process never stops, just evolves and progresses. I love that about the 911, and it's now been going for 50 years!

I'm not a snob, but not many products let alone car manufacturers can claim that level of dedication and loyalty to design. It's what makes Porsche, in particular the 911 special to me.

Interesting thread, thanks Paully for the great conversation starter!

Dave

It's even uglier than butch :o Volvo brick + early commodore + bodykit from supercheap

Whatever , it's in its rightful habitat when you see what's lining the streets!

One of the main reasons why I have always been interested in 911's is due to its continual design evolution. In my mind (and line of work) the design process never stops, just evolves and progresses. I love that about the 911, and it's now been going for 50 years!

I'm not a snob, but not many products let alone car manufacturers can claim that level of dedication and loyalty to design. It's what makes Porsche, in particular the 911 special to me.

Interesting thread, thanks Paully for the great conversation starter!

I agree Hugh, it is a good discussion and also agree re the design evolution of the 911. Ford realized the same thing with the mustang although they lost their way during the 80's but look at a current mustang and it's obvious it's a new iteration of the early stangs.

C

Heheh...it,s a ripper ain't it.

found it in downtown Saigon back in 2010. It was definitely genuine.

I think it is a "gentle little love child" to Mr and mrs Nissan.

I haven't actually chased it up or googled it.

Gotta be the worse name a car could get though.

Maybe we should start a separate thread on car names....

Good idea Niko.

We could kick it off with this the "1956 Gaylord Gladiator"

It is the silly season afterall.

download.jpg

Archived