Michael Schumacher

Chris-p

He was reportedly wearing a helmet but hit his head on a rock. I hope he pulls through and comes out the other end 100%.

I read they few in his frind and private doctor who worked on his neck injury caused by a motorbike accident.

The sad truth is that rich people like Michael partake in far many more higher risk activities than mere mortals, and as such are more prone to accidents like this.

Guys -  why do the media keep banging on about the speed in which he may have been skiing at?  I really don't get the relevance of these statements about speed. It's not like he was driving on the road in a car or something and could have endangered other lives.

Am I missing something and is this a stupid question????  

Go Schuey..  I'm not the praying type but am doing whatever my version of that is for him.

The only reason I ever skied was to go fast, so not sure how speed could be even bought up as it what the sport is about for many skiers. We were always told if you aren't falling over at least once a day then you are not trying hard enough, so for me, speed and crashing are just apart of skiing. Skiing off piste is a lot more dangerous but having done it many times, it is also a lot more exhilarating too. My thoughts also go out to Schooey and his family and friends, and am hoping he make a full recovery.

I don't know how the speed is relevant, he's free to do whatever he wants! there's no speed limits on the snow.

I had to post this piece written by David Coulthard. it's great:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10543292/I-only-hope-Michael-Schumacher-pulls-through-so-that-he-can-see-all-the-nice-things-people-are-saying-about-him.html

Great piece by dc - I personally have never had a beef with schumi despite never really being a fan.

I heard that it was eight minutes from crash to medical assistance. That is simply fantastic response from the alpine rescuers - and at that point I doubt they knew who it was. Crashed halfway up a mountain somewhere, then they are there in quicker time than you or I would get an ambulance to our door.

Yes that is pretty amazing isnt it Coastr.  I wonder how long that would take in Aus!

To be fair, if you got in trouble in the surf in summer, you'd have the surf lifesavers onto you in record time as well. The guys who man these operations take things very seriously.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived