Nice things ppl have said about your car

"yes I say but it wasn't by much,"

rule 1.  admit nothing.

rule 2.  refer Rule 1

burden of proof is on the prosecutor.  

Mistake 1: car was green not gray.

I got off a ticket for similar reasons.  No evidence that I failed to indicate a lane change whist driving a very rare Ford Monaro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys we're off topic, your forgetting what thread this is, he's given me a compliment about the "type of car I was driving", I couldn't give a stuff about the ticket, first one in 30 years think I care, nuh.

Fair enough, Steven.

How about this one along the same lines:

The last time I got booked for speeding the Highway Patrol copper, when approaching my car from behind, gently ran his fingers all the way along the rear fender bodywork.

He didn't have to say anything :)

I was at a local petrol station today fueling my car and watched an old guy drive in, stop, stare at my car, drive onto a bowser across the other side, stop, reverse, drive back behind my car. He gets out walks around the car and tells me how great he thinks it is.... Made my day.

Then he tells me he has a '67 soft window Targa at home along with a few other cars. Exchanged contacts and planning to go check it out this Friday..... Made my week.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Harold

This happened this afternoon at the lights on Penshurst Rd chatswood with my windows down.

I am stopped at the red light and a small truck pulls up beside me.

He: "what a wanker"

Me: "yes it's the new model"

He:"What?"

Me: " Yes the model with the rotary"

He "What?

Me: "Want a drive."

He: "are you serious?"

Me: "What do you think?"

The lights changed to green and that's the last I saw of him.

So funny.

This happened this afternoon at the lights on Penshurst Rd chatswood with my windows down.

I am stopped at the red light and a small truck pulls up beside me.

He: "what a wanker"

Me: "yes it's the new model"

He:"What?"

Me: " Yes the model with the rotary"

He "What?

Me: "Want a drive."

He: "are you serious?"

Me: "What do you think?"

The lights changed to green and that's the last I saw of him.

So funny.

Harold can I have a drive?

Guest Harold

Harold can I have a drive?

you driven a rotary before? They have unique tendancies and are known to be dangerous.

Just started the car to leave the Newcastle MG Car show, a bloke walks over

Him: nice car, bet it gets the women 

Me: not as much as I'd like (joking dear……ow !)

Him: oh look here comes one now 

obviously his partner, both dressed in jeans, leather jacket and french beret

Chatted awhile about the 930 and him restoring a Citroen Goddess and how he had to drive the dirty runabout today, took photos...

Her: thats nice, would you consider selling it?

Me: well ,if somebody made me a ridiculous offer I'd probably think about it

Her: whats a ridiculous offer ?

Me: that depends on the offer  (me thinking, are they serious?)

Her: ok, well we will hopefully see you at another show ….and we might make you a ridiculous offer

I watched as they walked off …..and hopped in their Bentley. 

:blink:

Sitting waiting at the lights the other morning on the way to work. Guy in one of those clubman thingies doing same on the other side facing me. Both admiring each other's cars. He gives me the thumbs up, which I returned.

Just started the car to leave the Newcastle MG Car show, a bloke walks over

Him: nice car, bet it gets the women 

Me: not as much as I'd like (joking dear……ow !)

Him: oh look here comes one now 

obviously his partner, both dressed in jeans, leather jacket and french beret

Chatted awhile about the 930 and him restoring a Citroen Goddess and how he had to drive the dirty runabout today, took photos...

Her: thats nice, would you consider selling it?

Me: well ,if somebody made me a ridiculous offer I'd probably think about it

Her: whats a ridiculous offer ?

Me: that depends on the offer  (me thinking, are they serious?)

Her: ok, well we will hopefully see you at another show ….and we might make you a ridiculous offer

I watched as they walked off …..and hopped in their Bentley. 

:blink:

That would give them a bit of variety... a Citroen goddess, a Bentley and a 930. 3 cars that couldn't be more poles apart.

Wonder what else the have?

Better have that "ridiculous price" ready, just in case. ..... I know they say everything is for sale but "would ya"

That would give them a bit of variety... a Citroen goddess, a Bentley and a 930. 3 cars that couldn't be more poles apart.

Better have that "ridiculous price" ready, just in case. ..... I know they say everything is for sale but "would ya"

Would ya ?  Interesting question ?  

It would depend on the situation or what else is available at the time and just how ridiculous the offer was.

Oz,

Seeing what Autohaus have just sold their 930 for might give you a basis for what a ridiculous price is.......

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to ask that sort of money.

Sell the Arrow Blue 930, Noooo.....

"Nice things said about your car"...

Last November in Canberra a very good friend was getting married and due to a last minute cancellation I was asked to drive the 911SC to help get one of his groomsmen to the church. Whilst en-route to the church and stopped at a set of lights my passenger overheard a guy on the sidewalk next to us accurately describing to his mate the cars that made up our convoy.

Apparently the mate had replied "yea but the Porsche is the best one", a comment that made me smile when later informed of the conversation by my passenger, as to my front was a Ferrari 458, Ferrari 360 F1 spider, Lamborghini Gallardo spider, Ferrari 360 coupe and a Lamborghini Gallardo coupe. BTW, did I mention my friend is Italian.

See for some people you just can't beat an old classic.

Sell the Arrow Blue 930, Noooo.....

"Nice things said about your car"...

Last November in Canberra a very good friend was getting married and due to a last minute cancellation I was asked to drive the 911SC to help get one of his groomsmen to the church. Whilst en-route to the church and stopped at a set of lights my passenger overheard a guy on the sidewalk next to us accurately describing to his mate the cars that made up our convoy.

Apparently the mate had replied "yea but the Porsche is the best one", a comment that made me smile when later informed of the conversation by my passenger, as to my front was a Ferrari 458, Ferrari 360 F1 spider, Lamborghini Gallardo spider, Ferrari 360 coupe and a Lamborghini Gallardo coupe. BTW, did I mention my friend is Italian.

See for some people you just can't beat an old classic.

Your friend not aware of the Gallardo is german? :P

the Bentley and the Citroen have the same hydraulic spheres in the suspension (Bentley ones have the Citroen double chevrons on them), so not as far as you'd think!

/anorak mode off

Getting lunch at the local factory workers type lunch shop on friday and guy behind counter says to me *nice car, is that a 944 ?* and I said yes it's the turbo. We start chatting and turns out he has a Masserati. You just never know when you will bump into another car nut

• 2 weeks later...

Had the day off on Monday and went for a drive. On the way back home I dropped in on my wife who works at a local café/bakery. She was showing her workmate the car and said, "It looks like something out of James Bond doesn't it?" I think the car is growing on her!

Archived