Nice things ppl have said about your car

We have the stupid things ppl have said thread but no where to talk about the nice things (random non Porsche) ppl have said, so I figured I'd start one and get the ball rollin'

A guy in traffic pulls up next to me and says "mate I am only driving with my windows down to listen to your exhaust, it sounds awesome"

but the absolute best compliment my car has gotten was not actually said to me but inadvertently overheard when a 5-6 year old kid walking past my car said to his mum "Mum, Mum, look at that car, it's the coolest car ever"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite one was, after i've washed the her, polished her, tyre shined her up, I drove past altona beach though pier street, while cruising down I'm looking around and see this kid grab on and pulling daddies leg and pointing to my car.

Other day I let some guy cross the road in Williamstown and he gave me a thumbs up as a thanks, while having both hands on my wheel i gave him a thumb up too. Then he said very nice! i gave him a smile and a nod.

A lot of times at servos i'll get a complement or something. 

I was pulling out of my driveway the other day and this guy was tooting his horn, waving and giving me the thumbs up.

My boss always stirs me up and asks how my hotted up VW is going. She loves the car but just has to give me crap about it.

A mate at work that just got a new crystler 300 hemi 6.4, out front out office.

"I parked behind you. The cars look cool parked together."

And..

"I like the wing. You should keep it!"

Naaaaah. But thanks...

I'll never forget this one.

About eight years ago a neighbor who I hadn't met before came over as l was backing out of my driveway and said beautiful car mate ...I said thanks, he then said its people like you that give hope to people like us.

Back in my mid 20s when I had my '86 3.2, I'd often get compliments (about the car) from similar aged or younger ladies in the car next to me or from the Maccas drive through window. I don't seem to get them these days for some reason.

A number of times I've had what is almost the ultimate comment though and that's people taking photos of the car. Whether it's parked or in traffic, people taking there phones out and taking a snap. I did catch one guy with a semi professional camera taking some photos when it was parked on Beaconsfield Pde one time. That's a pretty proud moment. I've also overheard others saying things like, "that's bloody nice" or "that's what I want". It's kind of cool having a car that brings joy to people other than yourself just by being able to see it. I've had a few random people come up to me and want to talk about the car. One guy turned out to own one of the other 7 '89s in the country. Others thinking about getting one themself and others who are just car enthusiasts and maybe have a weekender of some sort themselves.

I bet the guy who owned one of the 7 was very handsome, intelligent and charismatic !

Ha ha. I was actually talking about someone else. Not some crazy guy in a van bailing me up :) Pretty amazing to meet 2 of the 6 other owners in my first year of ownership though. This guy owns a grey one and I'm pretty sure it was the one on display with the PCV at Motor Classica last year. Serious garage queen that one.

I used to own a Citroen 2CV6.  When I was filling up the tank, I would regularly get people asking me if the car was for sale!

In the Boxster, I've had one service station attendant say "you're living my dream"!  I'll take that!    :)

no comments.. I had some dude in his X5 give me the thumbs up going through the ED one day.. but my traffic encounters are usually p-platers speeding through traffic and tail gating you for reasons that are not clear to me... you see I drive it like a grandma when in traffic.  

A guy in traffic pulls up next to me and says "mate I am only driving with my windows down to listen to your exhaust, it sounds awesome"

but the absolute best compliment my car has gotten was not actually said to me but inadvertently overheard when a 5-6 year old kid walking past my car said to his mum "Mum, Mum, look at that car, it's the coolest car ever"

Bruce i'm always cracking the windows to hear a nice car next to me!

And the kids comment is gold.

I get a lot of good comments here on the west coast but the best so far happened a week after I got the windows tinted back over east.

So I had decided to take the little miss out to dinner but as usual I didnt have cash on me, so i quickly pulled into the street in rouse hill with all the ATM's and grabbed some currency and just as I get about inline with the passenger door of the car I get a tap on the shoulder and an "excuse me" from a 20 something holding an old bank statement with her digits on it...... and like a flash of lightning the window roles down and I hear "I didn't see him drop that.... but thanks anyway"....

Turns out the little women is a comedian, she laughed about the moment the whole night.

What's wrong with footscray?

Absolutely nothing wrong with Footscray!  There's a very diverse segment of the community that lives in Footscray, sometimes it gets called 'Footscrazy'   :) 

So I just had another encounter.. went for a cruise with the roof down, thought I'd drive over the Westgate Bridge. So sitting in Traffic near the big intersection at Docklands to turn onto the freeway when I hear someone yelling out to  me...    'hey hey is zat a gud kar'?    me 'erm yeh yeh it is'  'you wanna zwap kers'  me  ' no thanks buddy but thanks for the offer'  and then goes 'whaddda abut ya het'    me - smiles.. lights change and get away as fast as I can!

Archived