sick of your doors touching the garage wall?

Russ

me too!

I was looking at all the stuff you stick to the wall, then at work we were throwing out a lot of expansion joint with adhesive backing and it turned out to be perfect (I've even lined up the bumperettes on the back in preparation for the next car behind it)

it's nice and soft - and sticks to your wall! no more dings on your door or chips off the paint

anyone in Brisbane, you're welcome to come grab some (I think I have about 20 meters)

wall%20liner.jpg

Always a great idea with that stuff

As for carpet in the garage, I have carpet tiles I scored from a job site (200 of them!) and some of those big rubber mats ya buy from Kmart or Bunnings, 4 in a pack for $12. If ya work in ya shed a bit (unlike me at the moment unfortunately) I'd strongly advise to buy some

Good thinking Russ.

I do a similar thing in my garage.  I've only got 50cm high concrete walls on either side where the doors open so I lay some thin carpet over the wall as a buffer.  Same principle as yours though.  Works well :)

my garage wall has a "bagged finish" and so the texture it rough and undulating...

I guess i could just put on LOTS OF GLUE ?

any other suggestions?

Masonry fix a thin (3-5mm thick) piece of MDF to the wall and then apply foam/rubber /carpet to that?

my garage wall has a "bagged finish" and so the texture it rough and undulating...

I just put my Self Adhesive foam directly to brick. and that's pretty rough, press down hard and it sticks.

The squares I put down for my Elise is still up.... 10+ years later

I guess i could just put on LOTS OF GLUE ?

any other suggestions?

Builders adhesive should be dense enough to bridge any small gaps up to a couple of millimetres, particularly if you're sticking carpet or something flexible to the wall.

the backing on this stuff will stick to anything (it's designed to stick to concrete)

I can sell you some Ramset Chemset if you really want it to stick though

• 5 months later...

Hairdresser parking?   :ph34r:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/woman-crashes-porsche-boxster-into-nail-bar

A woman Porsche Boxster driver had no trouble finding somewhere to park at a beauty salon in Surbiton this morning, as she launched her hairdresser’s car straight through the window.

Thankfully, she wasn’t hurt in the bizarre crash, reinforcing a whole series of inaccurate stereotypes such as “women can’t park”, “only women drive Porsche Boxsters” and “women are usually too busy applying makeup in the morning that they don’t pay attention on the road”.

Not that we subscribe to those stereotypes at all. No siree… we just think they shouldn’t be allowed to drive sportscars in stilettos.

Archived