Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low. Working in Whyalla, SA for a week (its an place I wouldnt reccommend)

High. Finishing at midday and on the beers n scotch till 10pm.

Low. Waking up at 1.30am after 9 or so hours of Coronas and Scotch, feeling pretty bloody average

Low. Got a big day ahead. Ugh!

Guest Harold

Well, the high for today has been attending the pink ribbon morning tea our staff put on. They produced some wonderful but fattening goodies.

The low was, my darling wife came into the office this morning and told me she doesn't like one of our very new employees who i think is terrific. Going to fire my wife which will, of course, be my high point of that day!

Well, the high for today has been attending the pink ribbon morning tea our staff put on. They produced some wonderful but fattening goodies.

The low was, my darling wife came into the office this morning and told me she doesn't like one of our very new employees who i think is terrific. Going to fire my wife which will, of course, be my high point of that day!

Harold, need to observe the " separation of power "Church, Judiciary & State" or Bussines (me), home (wife), Porsche (me), all other stuff wife & me. My wife is very intelligent & leaves the office to me, you don't need two MD's!!!! Two people doing the same job is one too many.

Low: waaayyyyy too many, got fires burning on all fronts!

High: Royal national park run in the GT3 with my son

Edgy,

I live at the bottom of bald hill, always happy for a civilised run through the park!

• 2 weeks later...

High. I’ve almost finished my end of month work.

Low. I’ve just found out that none of my safety people are not getting replaced at all after we lost a couple. Very concerning for me personally as to save some bucks we will turn to a compliance driven culture. So far as I can see safety has now become luxury rather than a must have. Could be the final nail for me to stay here.

opens seek in a new tab.

What happened to Melbourne?

High. I’ve almost finished my end of month work.

Low. I’ve just found out that none of my safety people are not getting replaced at all after we lost a couple. Very concerning for me personally as to save some bucks we will turn to a compliance driven culture. So far as I can see safety has now become luxury rather than a must have. Could be the final nail for me to stay here.

opens seek in a new tab.

High: none.

It's important to get a "little" high each day , that way you won't feel like you're on a treadmill.

A "little" high can be experimenting with your lunch diet . Or buying something you don't really need off ebay.

Unless of course your one of those "busy" people who doesn't take lunchbreaks etc

It takes 10 little highs to counteract one low  ;)

Guest Harold

High was driving a new Macan, they are surprisingly good.

Low hearing my son is home from school with a bout of gastroenteritis, seems it is everywhere at his school.

Guest Harold

High was coming in late as i had to check something out on the boat.

Low was seeing the steam cleaner who had cleaned the carpets on the boat yesterday had not shut the door meaning anyone could have entered if they had wanted to. Unbelievably stupid.

Guest Harold

Well I had several highs today but not sure it counts as a work day as I didnt go to work today. Mind you I did answer an email.

First high: rode the motorbike this morning to the Central Coast along the old pacific highway. Along the way I came across the old HDT 05 Commodore that was being photographed. (This was a second high within the first high) the car looked great.

Within this high, within the high, I noticed a highway patrol car hidden behind bushes and I didn't get booked because I was going slow due to looking at the 05 car, so I think this is a high twice removed.

The second high was taking the P car for a drive this afternoon, I had forgotten how well it drives. I nearly traded it in on a Macan this week, not sure if that would have been a high or a low.

The low was remembering I have to go to work tomorrow for an hour or so. I hate that as it replaces a possible high.

Archived