Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

The low was coming home and hearing my wife and son yelling at each other. Unbelievable how they talk to each other.

My sympathies Harold ; a familiar story, unfortunately. "Kids of today" but the same as "kids back in the day". 

I count my blessings it hasn't happened in my family , but realise I am exceptionally lucky. And I was a 2nd child , so go figure.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's just a flesh wound"

or "That's not a papercut. THIS is a papercut"

I was using a chainsaw in the almost dark last night , and thinking about what would happen if I got  a 3inch slash about 2 inches deep.

I guess it would bleed and be hurty.

a piece of swarf was stuck to the bottom of a box while i was trying to move it, moved my hand under it, felt a harsh scratch. 

High: Wife has been promoted to a senior regional role for GM

High: I get the opportunity to open an international office for my business

Low: We are moving to Singapore for a minimum of 3 years therefore the 991 has to go....................

Low: I will be catching the bus back on a weekly basis for at least 1 year.

High: Wife has been promoted to a senior regional role for GM

High: I get the opportunity to open an international office for my business

Low: We are moving to Singapore for a minimum of 3 years therefore the 991 has to go....................

Low: I will be catching the bus back on a weekly basis for at least 1 year.

Congrats to MrsK. 

you'll need a car when you hop off that bus.  I'm sure I could deliver it to you each week. :D

High: ArthurK letting me look after his P car for 3 years

Low: The untruth of the high :D

reax, FNQ to Melbourne might be tricky :)

Congrats to MrsK. 

you'll need a car when you hop off that bus.  I'm sure I could deliver it to you each week. :D

Harvs, I think I let the cat out of the bag on this one, she let me know today that it hasnt been announced at work as yet  :huh:  Thanks she is happy with the promotion and I'm proud of her too. Fortunately I get to retain my lease car here in Melbourne whilst we are over in Singapore.

reax, FNQ to Melbourne might be tricky :)

Harvs, I think I let the cat out of the bag on this one, she let me know today that it hasnt been announced at work as yet :huh: Thanks she is happy with the promotion and I'm proud of her too. Fortunately I get to retain my lease car here in Melbourne whilst we are over in Singapore.

I'll keep this under embargo at work. Don't worry Arthur, nothing posted on the internet ever gets seen again. ;)

Well I had a high as I had to hand back 4 separate tenancies in north Sydney and the inspections by the various landlords went well.

The low was realizing I now have to wait up to 2 weeks for all the bank guarantees (well and truly in six figure territory) to be returned.

Low. A pain in the botbot installation onsite today that took FAR TO LONG!

Mega High. Taken around the corner to another house and shown some extremely rare and very expensive cars and collectables in various garages that would rival ANY collection I could imagine when it comes to motorsport!

Sorry, I cant say what, where or who owns the collection, as I'm sworn to secrecy, but he is active in the classic motor racing circles, and I was like a kid in a lolly shop with a credit card with no limit!

What an experience!!!!

I'm heading back there when my 912 is finished. Can't wait!!

Sorry, I cant say what, where or who owns the collection, as I'm sworn to secrecy, but he is active in the classic motor racing circles, and I was like a kid in a lolly shop with a credit card with no limit!

So,  a man (older man) who cannot be named offered you lollies to see his "secret car collection"? 

High. I was made a job offer as the state operations manager for Victoria. I've kicked some goals and worked hard so I feel like it's been worth while. 

Low. I'm not sure I can take it on because my dad has some serious health issues and move interstate would make life very hard. 

High. I was made a job offer as the state operations manager for Victoria. I've kicked some goals and worked hard so I feel like it's been worth while. 

Low. I'm not sure I can take it on because my dad has some serious health issues and move interstate would make life very hard. 

What would you want your son to do if he was in your situation ?

• 2 weeks later...

High. Smashed a (4 of) codes of practice audit today. Had a couple of months prep that should of been 9 months but a last minute change landed me with the hospital pass. Got the highest score ever given with 0 N.C's and a number of B.P's. Many hours of grilling and drilling for documents etc clean as a whistle. Very much justified the stupidly long hours since starting the job and how far along I've taken us. 

Low. Still did a 10 hour day lol. 

Archived