Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

60 & over club?

So says the guy going to a matric 35th reunion tomorrow  :wub:

Ever heard Seger's first album , before he got commercial?

Nope, havent heard it. Will have a look around and see if I can find it.

We're playing at a footy club again with 200 people. I just hope it doesnt get as feral as the last one!

We're an acoustic duo, so we start off slow and gradually speed up to songs people can dance too. We also do mainly 70's to 90's covers which are the most popular with all ages and what i grew up with being 48 years young.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, havent heard it. Will have a look around and see if I can find it.

We're playing at a footy club again with 200 people. I just hope it doesnt get as feral as the last one!

We're an acoustic duo, so we start off slow and gradually speed up to songs people can dance too. We also do mainly 70's to 90's covers which are the most popular with all ages and what i grew up with being 48 years young.

Basically doing the same "gig" as my 22yo. He's in a 4 piece cover but they have a "lite" duo for smaller gigs. And yes , the footy club ones pay quite well but are fraught with potential for damage. Which is why I won't lend out my strat!

I think Seger's first album was self titled ; I have it on vinyl. Very gritty (not my vinyl!),  and worth a listen.

Guest Harold

Low this week was making 6 positions redundant and having to tell the people involved.

High was making the two biggest trouble makers in our company redundant. They thought they were irreplaceable! Love it.

Tomorrow is another day.

Had a high to day, drove the Porschemobile to work and back. Mind you the glares of hatred from the construction workers in North Sydney as I left was interesting to say the least.

High. A well earned day off and got to deliver the 912 to my mate the bodyguy/painter.

Low. Weeds and grass inbetween loads of 500 x 500 pavers and thinking it would be 'Easy, coupla hour job!'

So much for a relaxing scotch filled day (weekend) off!

Paving sucks. Dont try it!

Low this week was making 6 positions redundant and having to tell the people involved.

High was making the two biggest trouble makers in our company redundant. They thought they were irreplaceable! Love it.

Tomorrow is another day.

Had a high to day, drove the Porschemobile to work and back. Mind you the glares of hatred from the construction workers in North Sydney as I left was interesting to say the least.

Put one of those big CFMEU stickers on the back window. That will get them on side.

:) being told that the entire Cup week is compulsory time off. Perfect time for prepping for Vic weekend targa that week.

:( it rained in Detroit. Water and file servers don't play well together. There goes my afternoon's work which is stored remotely in Michigan.

:) being told that the entire Cup week is compulsory time off. Perfect time for prepping for Vic weekend targa that week.

:( it rained in Detroit. Water and file servers don't play well together. There goes my afternoon's work which is stored remotely in Michigan.

Harvs you dont work for Holden do you?

Yep. Although it's more GM than Holden these days. I haven't touched Holden product for a while now.

Can I be a busy body and ask which directorate you work in? Engineer/Sales&Marketing/Design/Planning Program Management/etc?

Altered reality fantasy world aka Design.

So you work for Richard Ferlazzo - the genius behind the EFIGY hey?

My wife works there too, your high/low comments were way to similar to what my wife said regarding the Michigan data centre 

:)  Saved 20k on a project by drilling some 200mm thick steel plate inhouse following the SOP I came up with for the guys. Every fab shop in Newcastle said it could not be done or if they could do it the cost would be 2k per plate. I did it for a total investment of $67.98 inc GST. This is a game changer for us. In 30 years we have not been able to oxy cut anything thicker than 150mm.   

:( After getting the first couple done and kicking arse the guy who cut the plate with our CNC profiler forgot to mark the serial number on the jobs before they left. Not really a big deal but the customer is fussy and I like things done right. Once the first time.  

For those playing at home here is some of the final product and the offcut from the 8t section of plate. The corner you can see cut from the plate is my test of the SOP and now a doorstop in my office. Very funny seeing people try and close the door. 

CDDFB4AE-AA3E-4037-A877-A4B2979F5415_zps06FC4268-576E-47C5-8558-237B004C88B3_zps

Archived