Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

Guest Harold

The high today was sneaking home at midday and taking the Porsche for a fast drive up the old pacific highway to the central coast and back.

The low was having to go back to work at 2pm and pretend I had been there all day.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From previous comment which I forgot to share. 

High : Posted / promoted and taking a job one rank higher than I will be.

Low: moving again and looking for another house and new schools for the kids. My daughter is 11 and this will be her 4th school already. 

Low -  I'll be finishing up at the end of the year.

High - I'll be finishing up at the end of the year.

*new opportunities abound!  Bring it on :)

Nice one Amanda

I took a redundancy from a factory job 10 years ago, had 18 months off to play golf, learn guitar and develop an acute Chivas Regal and Jack Daniels obsession (I'm still crap at Golf though)

When the funds were drying up (cue mortgage,guitars and Chivas!) I took a chance, learnt some new skills I'd never tried before, and now earn 4 times what I was 10 years ago.

Oh, and I now own a Porsche!  :D

Only YOU can make it happen if ya want it bad enough. Good luck

Guest Harold

Well the high today was being told I should get paid by BMW tomorrow for the buy back of the new motorbike I bought but am not allowed to ride because it is dangerous. There have been 8000 sold around the world and 58 in Oz.

The low was seeing our monthly sales figures for July, don't know about anyone else but our industry is very tough at the moment. I think the mess that is the senate does not help commerce in any way.

Well, tomorrow the high will be going out in the boat at midday to join the Hairtail fishing competition in Pittwater with my son. It goes until 8am on Sunday and I know he will want to stay up fishing both nights. Come to think of it, the high is going to be the low too.

You Porsche guys have a ball.

Had a high yesterday, cleaned the car for the third time since I bought it exactly 1 year ago and it looked great.

Nice one Amanda

I took a redundancy from a factory job 10 years ago, had 18 months off to play golf, learn guitar and develop an acute Chivas Regal and Jack Daniels obsession (I'm still crap at Golf though)

When the funds were drying up (cue mortgage,guitars and Chivas!) I took a chance, learnt some new skills I'd never tried before, and now earn 4 times what I was 10 years ago.

Oh, and I now own a Porsche!  :D

Only YOU can make it happen if ya want it bad enough. Good luck

Maybe the Chivas = didn't get better at a Golf! Ha sorry

That's positive news to hear for me. I'm very positive and that will relate into good things.

What skills did you learn? I do feel a bit stuck right now, happy to do/learn something new just not sure what. Plus I want that 6 figure plus salary I'm used to! Makes it hard.

I went from being a forklift driver, to learning how to install wardrobes and kitchens.

A bit different to your line of work Amanda, yet the lure of good money was too good not to try.

I had never even used a jigsaw or planer before, yet a mate was in the industry, and I hung out with him for coupla weeks to learn.

I then studied up a few things and went from there.

I've learnt so much since, and would have a go at building anything now.

Highs. I like my job and pays well.

Lows. Some clients and salesman! 

High: finally finished my 12 day week..

Low: getting home and entire family is already out and I miss another of my daughters concerts. Just add that to the multiple birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions over the years. This is the part of my job that sucks.

I went from being a forklift driver, to learning how to install wardrobes and kitchens.

A bit different to your line of work Amanda, yet the lure of good money was too good not to try.

I had never even used a jigsaw or planer before, yet a mate was in the industry, and I hung out with him for coupla weeks to learn.

I then studied up a few things and went from there.

I've learnt so much since, and would have a go at building anything now.

Highs. I like my job and pays well.

Lows. Some clients and salesman!

I used to work as a salesman for one of those wardrobe companies be careful what your insinuating buddy

It depends. Can you use a measuring tape correctly, see powerpoints on the wall and can use a level?

It happens every other day costing us installers and the company hours of our time fixing their mistakes.

I now invoice the salesman when they stuff up, so hopefully they will get the message.....Probably not though!

Want a job? PLEASE?

Guest Harold

The low today is being in Melbourne until Friday and reading the weather forecast, wild winds, hail and snow. A typical summer day down here?

The high, gee that is hard to say, guess just surviving another day of life feels pretty good.

The low today is being in Melbourne until Friday and reading the weather forecast, wild winds, hail and snow. A typical summer day down here?

The high, gee that is hard to say, guess just surviving another day of life feels pretty good.

C'mon Harold. This Melbourne weather makes us appreciate the perfect days like the Sunday just gone.

I'd rather be at work getting paid for it than being stuck out in shitty weather no matter where it is.

Like right now. I slugged it out in traffic and crazy winds to arrive at work and find all the network is kaput so cannot work. What did we do without smartphones?

Fresh Harold? In what way  ;) We'll see if that Arctic circle testing they did for the 928 really happened...

IMG_0654.jpg

Man I hate winter in Brisbane, roll on summer and 30c

Fri 28°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 1 Sat 21°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 2 Sun 21°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 3 Mon 21°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 4 Tue 22°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 5 Wed 22°C Sunny sunny.gif

Aug 6 Thu 22°C Sunny sunny.gif

Actually I couldn't possibly live in Brisbane. I really enjoy proper seasons , uninterrupted views , absent pollution and and no commuter traffic  ;)  ;)

( Kerry you need to find some double headed icons.)

Melbourne was 19 yesterday before mother nature unleashed her winter fury on us!

Was a fascinating day of winter and weather in general - today will be more of the same.  I brought in the camera to capture some timelapse :D

Low. Working onsite just 1 house from the ocean with a force 10 gale, rain then hail as I'm set up in the open driveway which resembled an ice tunnel!

High. I started at 8am, Finished by 10am then home for numerous coffee's, heater, then learning how to play one of my favourite songs for a big gig tomorrow night. Nightmoves by Bob Seger

, then learning how to play one of my favourite songs for a big gig tomorrow night. Nightmoves by Bob Seger

60 & over club?

So says the guy going to a matric 35th reunion tomorrow  :wub:

Ever heard Seger's first album , before he got commercial?

Melbourne was 19 yesterday before mother nature unleashed her winter fury on us!

Was a fascinating day of winter and weather in general - today will be more of the same. I brought in the camera to capture some timelapse :D

Took a pic on my phone yesterday from my office. Those clouds to the right were rolling in fast toward the CBD. Within about 5-10min I couldn't see the city anymore

5DCC3FB6-483F-4B33-961B-46FDF176E738.jpg

Archived