Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

Wednesday.

The high was taking the day off and playing golf with my 11 year old son.

The low was knowing I had to go to work today.

Thursday

The high was attending my daughters graduation ceremony this morning at her school.

The low is having to go to the valediction dinner tonight with my ex wife as my partner. My wife is not happy!

Tomorrow

The high will be going out on our boat at 11.30 and returning to berth Wednesday.

The low will be, having to fill the boat with diesel as it is nearly empty and holds 3750 litres. Groan.

Enjoy even the lows and you have life beat!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

High - I never know where I will be working from one day to the next.  That in itself is a highlight of my job.  But it also gives me the opportunity to sample the food at the local places in whatever area I'm in at the time.  I like the variety that gives me for lunch.

Guest Harold

High= seeing our business getting back to normal after several months of reduced volume.

Low= seeing Julia Gillard on TV this morning. How do we block that from our screens?

I call myself a "professional father" as that's my current career

High. Being with my two boys every day and seeing them grow, learn and explore.

Low. Being with my two boys every day and getting up at 5am and finishing at 10am every day.

i cant see the problem with a 5 hour day Chris no idea why thats a low buddy

High= seeing our business getting back to normal after several months of reduced volume.

Low= seeing Julia Gillard on TV this morning. How do we block that from our screens?

I dont know what it is but every time labor is in power my business is on a down hill spiral

but as soon as the Libs are back in there is a huge positive turn around that seems to continue.

My heart goes out to anyone who is (was) in the livestock export business. To have your entire industry shut down overnight because of some pranksters with a video and a mate at the abc. I don't know what my reaction would be if that happened to me. Obviously some of you guys are in the resources game and that was more of a slow death squeeze that will take a long time to fix, but the cattle industry....brutal.

My heart goes out to anyone who is (was) in the livestock export business. To have your entire industry shut down overnight because of some pranksters with a video and a mate at the abc. I don't know what my reaction would be if that happened to me. Obviously some of you guys are in the resources game and that was more of a slow death squeeze that will take a long time to fix, but the cattle industry....brutal.

shuts down cattle export industry for humane reasons

..resulting backup of cattle stuck in holding yards for months creates far worse welfare issues. logic..?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived