Highs and lows of your work day

Guest Harold

High: Dropped the 911 off at the panel shop and got a lift into work no problems. Looking forward to seeing the annoying paint blemishes gone.

Low: Scraped the chin spoiler on roadworks on the way to work. Was angry ranting in the car afterwards lol

High: New project start today.

Low: No info available yet to do anything productive.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High: made it through the paperboard to interview stage for new position.

Low: doing the interview (teleconference) but being told I will have to wait for contact from the higher ups to see if I was successful. No hint at the end if I was recommended or not.

going to be a long wait.

High today was fishing from the dinghy with my son and catching absolutely nothing!

Low was thinking that tomorrow morning it is time to return to the berth at church point. Cest la vie.

sounds like fun! but I'm surprised you don't put the outriggers out and troll the coastline for big the big ones  :lol:

High. Today I'm going to knock off early after only 10 hours here, go home have dinner with the wife and put the little bloke to bed.

Low. I'm then going to have to fire the laptop up and do another couple of hours work to stay a head for going early.

Guest Harold

High. Today I'm going to knock off early after only 10 hours here, go home have dinner with the wife and put the little bloke to bed.

Low. I'm then going to have to fire the laptop up and do another couple of hours work to stay a head for going early.

Uncle, you work some serious hours.

High: Working from home, coffee is good here

Low: Dealing with special people on the phone I end up wandering around the house with a phone attached to my head most of the day and get no actual work done so I have double to do tomorrow

Guest Harold

High today was seeing we made a profit in June which beggars belief as the first two weeks were dead quiet.

The low as looking to see how I can reduce our overheads by $100k a month to offset the down turn in our Western Australian business.

Uncle, you work some serious hours.

Yeah I do Harold. While I don’t ever open the work laptop/phone up on a weekend and knock off at 16:30 on a Friday I’ve worked 60+ hour weeks every week since the start of the year with no end in sight. While I get an ok salary if I converted it into an hourly rate I’d be flipping burgers at a fast food place lol.

So high: After another couple of years I should have able land another Op’s managers job anywhere.

Low: Flipping burgers would most likely have a better work life balance and I'd much rather be at home in my shed building cars. 

Guest Harold

Harold,

It easy to reduce O/H, take a pay cut or retrench yourself. Hope this helps.

Greg, after wife and taxes i am already in negative territory each month!

High: new job, nice friendly people

low: OMG i have to drive down Burke road to get to work.

My car hasnt gotten above 60 kmh all week and it takes me 40min plus to travel 11km.

Must find new route to work.

But if i bike to work then i'll never drive my car.

Ahhhh. I see

Bike on odd days then you feel like a king of the road passing all those familiar faces. :P

You'll miss the P, cherish the thought and sink into the feel of that comfortable leather. :)

Archived