911/30 Hotrod. Yeah, again.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intercooler now has a new home to go to on May 3rd.

Looks like I've found my new turbo. I'm going to keep the exact spec's under my hat but it should make the power we are chasing :)

ECU is next cab off the rank as a big ticket item. I've got a few leads but I'll see what turns up. I've already got 6 LS1 coils in the parts cupboard along with a crank angle sensor. 

Once the 3.2 manifold gets here I'll blast it and paint it in wrinkle coat black like the last car and get started on the fuel rails. 

Can't say that I do. If you have 1/2 a mechanical brain it's not that hard. The Haltech software is so easy to use it crazy. I should say though to do it really well it is an art. A good mate of mine is so stupidly good I've actually called him while I've done a run on a mates dyno and he has listened to the run then given me advice on things to change. I did exactly what he said. 20 more rear wheel hp. 

I now actually have a car without wheels so I'd better get that sorted asap. 

But really I'd better get out to the shed this arvo and do the paperwork for the new outers I need to order. Now polished or black hmmm.

Jim is going to drop the 3.2 manifold over next week so I've started a shoping list of other EFI stuff I need. To save some mucking around I'm going to order most of it from these guys.

http://www.clewett.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59&products_id=174

http://www.clewett.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_23&products_id=24

Can't say that I do. If you have 1/2 a mechanical brain it's not that hard. The Haltech software is so easy to use it crazy. I should say though to do it really well it is an art. A good mate of mine is so stupidly good I've actually called him while I've done a run on a mates dyno and he has listened to the run then given me advice on things to change. I did exactly what he said. 20 more rear wheel hp.

I now actually have a car without wheels so I'd better get that sorted asap.

You know it's going to have a Haltech Elite so stop procrastinating. Dale would agree with me.

Whilst I'm sure Dale would be only to happy to sell me an Elite it would be massive overkill for my needs.

Spent some time out in the shed last night working out offset for the rear wheels. Because my car has turbo A arms not SC arms I can't be tricky and go huge dish. So only 100mm dish will have to do. Ho Hmm.

Spent some time out in the shed last night working out offset for the rear wheels. Because my car has turbo A arms not SC arms I can't be tricky and go huge dish. So only 100mm dish will have to do. Ho Hmm.

Don't ya hate that ?

BAH! Just got a call from metalspinners they are facing a 6 week back log of work. He did say because I've been a good customer in the past he would try and help me out and sneak them in for me but don't hold my breath.. Boo.

I might aswell start pulling it apart for the EFI/Turbo swap then.

OK So the 3.2 manifold has been sent to work with the wife. She being the awesome wife she is will sandblast it and get it ready for me to paint. I'm going to do it the same as last time with wrinkle coat black and run a file over the Porsche script. 

To keep things simple and not require digging around for TPS's that will work I'm going to see if I can adapt an LS1 throttle body to the 3.2 manifold. Then I can take advantage of the inbuilt idle control valve too. 

Watching with interest Uncle..  

A question about putting the 3.2 manifold on an SC engine.  I picked up a manifold a while back as a first step towards putting an efi setup together.  with engine on the stand and the cis system removed, I sat the 3.2 manifold on and found that although the studs match, the port shape isn't quite the same. Result being that the injector boss hole is about 50% blocked by the port mis-match.  ('78 model engine)

Have you had any probs with this?

If you look back at my old thread on the Blue car I marked up the spacer blocks on the 3.2 manifold then used a die grinder to cut out the spacer to port match for the injector. It's free and easy to do. :)

Archived