911/30 Hotrod. Yeah, again.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snowy went well, Came 62nd outright so almost exactly midfield. I was beaten in my class by 1.2 seconds and considering I beat the 8.2ltr supercharged Pontiac I think I did ok. 

Best run of the day was 24.something at 229.9kph damn that last bit. Next year I'll be back with EFI and some other tricks so I'm going to have a damn good go at a class win. 

Well done!

Was this a standing km?

The Inaugural Snowy Mountains 1000 was first held on 27 October 2012 at the Snowy Mountains Airport, Cooma NSW.

The Event welcomed 100 drivers to compete in a 1000 Metre Runway Sprint taking place on the Airport Runway. Drivers and their crew attended the event from all over Australia bringing with them a diverse field of vehicles from all manufacturers including: Ferrari, Holden, Porsche, Nissan, Lamborghini, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Ford and many more. The inaugural event was a great success attracting thousands of spectators from the NSW Snowy Mountains Region, the ACT and as far as Victoria and Queensland. The event was kindly supported by many local and corporate sponsors which has allowed for continued growth.

The Snowy Mountains  1000 was again a great success in 2013. Records were broken from the previous year with the fastest time of 17.269 seconds and top speeds of 308km/h, these results have set the benchmark for 2014. This result of 17.269 makes the Snowy Mountains 1000, the ‘Fastest Timed 1000m Runway Sprint’ in Australia. The variety of manufacturers that attended in 2013 was extremely varied with many rare and unique vehicles and this was a great display for all spectators and motoring enthusiasts. The Snowy Mountains 1000 in conjunction with PowerPlus Racing Fuels also raised over $3000.00 for the Cancer Council by auctioning off  ’Charity Rides’, this was further supported by our sponsors by donating raffled gifts and this was a fantastic outcome for a worthy cause.

The 2014 event is scheduled for Saturday November 22nd and is already attracting some very fast and unique cars from around Australia. We will again be raising funds for the Cancer Council, so please keep an eye out on our Facebook page for further information on how you can support this cause and for the chance to win a ‘Charity Ride’ in a very fast car. With the event proudly supported by local and corporate sponsors we encourage you to come along to check out all the action, there will be something for everyone!

Yeah, I don't know JV911 but when you consider the nitro boys have over a 300k pass to be below the 6 sec bracket maybe the 400 would be around 10 sec just guessing. here is a clip of some more go fast machines in sa salt flats;

:o

Wonder what the 400m split was

Fastest time this year was in the 16's. That's a 9 second 1/4 car alllll day. You had to see the R35 to really understand just how fast it was. 

I'm planning to do a 1/4 run next Wednesday night if the weather gives me a shot. I expect a mid 12 as the 60 will suck. 

• 2 months later...

About the only thing I've done to this of late was to put a set of stock seats in. The 3.8 wing has gone and I'm waiting on a stock 930 decklid to arrive from the US so I can fit the 3.3 turbo wing. Once that’s all painted and looking good the car will most likely be up for sale.

I’ve not driven it since mid December. I gave it a service took it out for a quick test drive post service and it’s sat in the shed ever since. Between looking after my Dad and work I just don’t have time for it and I hate seeing a car just sitting in the shed.

Anyway if you know anyone looking for a hotrod send them my way. I’d rather see it go to “someone in the fold” so to speak than just out on the open market.

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637206387/object_933397.84K/View?8

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637206387/object_933397.84K/View?1

That Hains 997 turbo has about 700hp, 4WD and PDK and laid down 19s so that shows how fast the cars ahead of it are. Grand cherokee 17s and second fastest.....wtf? TA22 celica 19s.....?

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637206387/object_933397.84K/View?8

http://racing.natsoft.com.au/637206387/object_933397.84K/View?1

That Hains 997 turbo has about 700hp, 4WD and PDK and laid down 19s so that shows how fast the cars ahead of it are. Grand cherokee 17s and second fastest.....wtf? TA22 celica 19s.....?

Manny's jeep is the fastest Jeep in the world right now.. 1300HP etc. It is fairly epic to see.

The TA 22 is a 4ltr turbo 1UZ V8. Oh and it's 4WD, as you do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvdM00m5yZE

No I won't loose money. I should even be able to cover the money I've spent on it I'd think in the current market. 

It's just kinda one of those things. The land we are buying is part of the old family farm set more of less smack bang in the middle of Newcastle hidden away in a little valley you would never know existed. I grew up playing in that bush as my dads house backs onto it. I want to be able to provide my little bloke with the same opportunity that I had as a kid. Simple stuff like being able to walk out your door and play in a little creek, build a tree house or ride a motorbike. 

I'll buy something again when I have a little more time.

It's just kinda one of those things. The land we are buying is part of the old family farm set more of less smack bang in the middle of Newcastle hidden away in a little valley you would never know existed. 

You won't ever regret this move Martin. Outer city living has a lot going for it  :)

:D  :D

No I won't loose money. I should even be able to cover the money I've spent on it I'd think in the current market. 

It's just kinda one of those things. The land we are buying is part of the old family farm set more of less smack bang in the middle of Newcastle hidden away in a little valley you would never know existed. I grew up playing in that bush as my dads house backs onto it. I want to be able to provide my little bloke with the same opportunity that I had as a kid. Simple stuff like being able to walk out your door and play in a little creek, build a tree house or ride a motorbike. 

I'll buy something again when I have a little more time.

PM sent

:D  :D

LOL! What that guy said. No wait. What I said. But really I live in outer city now. The move will be closer to the city but with a few acres  to spare. 

PM sent

Hi mate I've sent a P.M back mate. I'll give you a call back later on this arvo after 5 if that's the kind of number you are looking at. 

• 1 month later...

So it's time for more power. CIS has nothing more to give so it's time for EFI,Headstuds,GT35/HX40 sized turbo,WTA intercooler,re-grind cams to SC spec,fuel system bla bla bla and see what we get. I think a nice honest australian 500+RWHP or ~2,000 U.S RWHP.

Dib's have already been placed on the K27 and wastegate but if anyone wants a nice period correct Andail longneck intercooler let me know.

So it's time for more power. CIS has nothing more to give so it's time for EFI,Headstuds,GT35/HX40 sized turbo,WTA intercooler,re-grind cams to SC spec,fuel system bla bla bla and see what we get. I think a nice honest australian 500+RWHP or ~2,000 U.S RWHP.

Dib's have already been placed on the K27 and wastegate but if anyone wants a nice period correct Andail longneck intercooler let me know.

What do you bolt the wheelie bar onto ?

I'm a junky. I know it. You know it. We all know it.

Have a couple of turbo options open to me but I need to look at some compressor maps to see what the best way to go is. Kando Dynamics need to make some large frame turbos damn them. GCG have a good option I'm looking into to with B.W SW362.

http://gcg.com.au/category/turbos-kits/borg-warner-airwerks/borg-warner-s300-series/borg-warner-airwerks-s362-billet-62mm-turbocharger-detail

Archived