The Benz Appreciation Thread

I'll be happy to just drive up and down , looking for several days  :) googling takes the fun out of it!

no tunnels though  :o

I liked the look of this though

http://mitteleuropa.x10.mx/filmlocations_the_italian_job.html

Best Car Ever!

Just one problem....... I don't fit in them!

As for the Benz.... nahhhhh, except... they do now have the best sounded exhaust at any GP - those barking SLSs!

• 10 months later...

Ok, this is where to share my love of the 3 pointed star!

I did have 4, now down to 3!!

Merc no.1 always loved the shape/ style - start of my obsession...

1997 E320 Avantgarde W210- love this car!

IMG_1745_zpsounq4zig.jpg

IMG_0475_zpszlnhopll.jpg

No 2, 1966 250 S W108, a real light weight special - very rusty, now departed to help another one be restored.

Too rusty to fix up, shame it was a nice car under the faded paint (dark grey)

IMG_3427_zpss0cgo52s.jpg

IMG_3429_zps8vcmerrc.jpg

No. 3 1967 250 S W108, bought as a quick fixer upper - yeah that never works! All rust fixed and part restored. Needs a new home now!

IMG_4088_zpsrvhi2pox.jpg

IMG_4057_zpsuiqucur9.jpg

Last old Merc and best 1967 250 S W108

Sepia-250S_zpshwpf7sop.jpg

I need some interior shots!!

My obsession continues, hopefully to add a Porsche car real soon :)

Cheers

There's no school, like old school! ^^^ 

My daily grind is this early W463. 

1 of 4 LWB 300GE's in Australia! 2 are MB Australia tourist deliveries and the other two are personal imports from the UK. This is one of the UK ones, the other is black and still in the original owners possession (same guy imported both this and black one) 

I want a G55 when I have the funds for it... they are awesome trucks! 

g7_zpsjw4vls2y.jpg

I have sometimes considered getting a G-Wagen. Although probably a 460/ 461

Nice cars :)

It's an experience!

The G community is still trying to figure out how to buy 461's..... only one guy has worked it out so far! :lol: 

One of my all time fav cars - the Red Sow!

I don't think any real ones exist today - all you see are replicas. I am pretty sure that MB used the ex racers as test beds...

6910b11835fa89be997993c977e46abc_zpsroeb

21-300-sel-amg-ams2508mpsmkl635276_zpsmv

Mercedes-AMG-300-SEL-6_8-red-pig-3-4-ava

Still have faint dream of building a replica......

• 1 month later...

The engineering was astounding., for 1963. Far more stylish & luxurious & interesting than many of today's luxobarges.

You still have to be seriously rich to own and maintain one. e.g. "The window switch, which makes it possible to take your arm off, costs $11,200."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/grosser-gravy-10-things-you-didn’t-know-about-the-mercedes-benz-600/

The engineering was astounding., for 1963. Far more stylish & luxurious & interesting than many of today's luxobarges.

You still have to be seriously rich to own and maintain one. e.g. "The window switch, which makes it possible to take your arm off, costs $11,200."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/grosser-gravy-10-things-you-didn’t-know-about-the-mercedes-benz-600/

Great cars and one of my favourite Mercs! But obviously very expensive to own. Some styling thrown into the W108 too....... ;)

I keep saying to myself that I own Mercedes as I cannot afford a Porsche (yet), the 600 would definitely disprove that rule..... :)

i can't imagine hydraulic windows or hydraulic seats are any fun to work on when something goes wrong