Driving Gloves

firstone

I got a pair from classic throttle shop in Sydney a number pf years ago - have not checked to see if they still stock them. Can't say I really ever wear them, although perhaps I should get them out of the glove box.

I got a pair from classic throttle shop in Sydney a number pf years ago - have not checked to see if they still stock them. Can't say I really ever wear them, although perhaps I should get them out of the glove box.

Well at least the glove box is getting used appropriately 

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Auto-barn had fingerless leather for $17odd. Lovely girl made them $15. At that price, 3 cups of coffee, I thought why not try them?

Looks the full toss but the grip on the wheel is worth it, and I have open fingers for dials etc.

A little warmish but again worth it for the grip. No more slippery steering wheel.

Tell me, with driving gloves do you also wear a BIG GIRLS DRESS:)

Ohh sssstop itttt.

You're hurting my feelingsssss.

I really think we need to talk about this. Now I was thinking.....

Perhaps you don't drive quick enough through the twisty's to know what I'm talking about.

I have thought about getting a pair recently too. One of the last stints I did at Winton I ended up with really sweaty hands and a slippery steering wheel, but that was due to heat and I'm sure it will happen again as I track without aircon and windows up.

I've previously driven with fingerless gloves in winter and found them to be a nice compromise as you still want fingertip feel, but would like something covering the rest of your hand. I don't recommend any gloves which cover your fingers though as I find it's a bit of a disconnect.

I'll confess, I have ordered a pair. My sweaty hands have ruined my momo wheel in under a year. Only problem is I don't own a dress, could I borrow one of yours Caledonian?

Inner secrets of PFA

Less glove - more of this , shouldn't make any more mess than the stuff you high class Porschistas keep in the glovebox

weightlifting-chalk.jpg

i got a sympathectomy and it stopped my hands from sweating alot on the wheel etc, worth considering if it's a sweaty hands are a big issue to anyone (but it is major surgery)

wearing driving gloves on a QLD SMT might leave you open for a bit of light banter... 

I was about to suggest these, but Lowly Gentlemen seem to be shut for the moment..

http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/11/lowly-gentlemen-driving-gloves/

http://www.lowlygentlemen.com/

IMG_6656a.jpg

I'm more interested in the Egiziano in that pic!  That'll buy you a nice little 911 Targa no worries :)

Gloves are for girls :P  and I don't even wear them!

I'll confess, I have ordered a pair. My sweaty hands have ruined my momo wheel in under a year. Only problem is I don't own a dress, could I borrow one of yours Caledonian?

Hmmm.. Now Nathan what would make your hands sweaty in the Porsche? Crappy A/C, PAS not working or possibly an unmarked cop car in your mirrors:)

And for the record, I don't wear dresses but have on occasion have been seen in a Kilt. And before you ask what's "worn" underneath ? Nothing it's all in perfectly good working order:)

Archived