SOLD For Sale 86 944

For sale is my 1986 India Red 944 in good condition and been very reliable for me. I haven't messed with the car by way of mods apart from a set of 17" wheels and a radio, i also have original 15" teledials with decent rubber left.

I have had the car for 3yrs and been on numerous runs without fault with many people from this forum, the car runs very well and has 290,706 on the clock and a cold A/C.

Service history in the books and receipts for work carried out in its 30 yr history, a few dollars spent in my ownership as well, PM for more details.

Asking $11,990 neg Ph 0401010498

IMAG08771.jpg

IMGP2107.jpg

Photo with original Teledials

IMAG0942.jpg

With 17" Twists

IMAG0950.jpg

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I've gather myself 20 minutes later after the shock, I can confirm that this is a good honest car, tidy and well looked after.  I've followed it through enough twisties to vouch it doesn't blow smoke. 

Just hope its not the end of your P car ownership.

Poor grammar, please explain

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!?

Grammar and punctuation have been lost in this digital world.  Sometimes I can't resist the urge to put things right just a little.

@Peter M could be excused this one time as he was obviously in a state of shock at the thought of losing a friend.  Hang in there Pete, Tingy's still around.  

Not sorry Steve, i have had some fun with it and now maybe someone else can have some fun with it, no.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!?

Grammar and punctuation have been lost in this digital world.  Sometimes I can't resist the urge to put things right just a little.

@Peter M could be excused this one time as he was obviously in a state of shock at the thought of losing a friend.  Hang in there Pete, Tingy's still around.  

You could be the all time greatest poster on here harvs if your chasing down bad grammar and punctuation on this forum, im trying not to have a dig here but this is ridiculous, you could post in just about every thread if you want, your a hard marker.

Not sorry Steve, i have had some fun with it and now maybe someone else can have some fun with it, no.

You could be the all time greatest poster on here harvs if your chasing down bad grammar and punctuation on this forum, im trying not to have a dig here but this is ridiculous, you could post in just about every thread if you want, your a hard marker.

Who'd like a go at this ^^ one? :P  I've put away my red pen tonight.  

I'll try and refrain from my ridiculous correction habit in the future.  As for all time poster, I think TurboT is heading for that one.

PS.  GLWS.

Funny thing Harv's you're incorrect! (Yep, that's an exclamation mark, no question about it!)

The use of either a question mark or exclamation mark on my statement would be equally correct.  Since Tingy's opening post left no question about what he was doing and as I was shocked and alarmed at this news, the use of an exclamation mark was valid.

If anything you could have pulled me up for using multiple exclamation marks as that is unacceptable in formal prose.  However last time I looked PFA is a form of social media where informal use of language such as slang and the liberal use of multiple exclamation marks is acceptable provided the chosen language communicates effectively to the audience.

Alternatively you could have suggested I use a interrobang and I would have to agree that would have been a very constructive comment.

However I think we need to think seriously about what we want from this forum and worry that we are continuing to drift away from the reason why we joined this forum in the first place.  My reason was to share the joy of ownership.  Certainly not to correct punctuation or pompously attempt to belittle others in public.  I certainly don't want to discourage people posting because they fear public persecution. In fact some of the most memorable posts I've read weren't always the most grammatical accurate.  The one about a Victa that wouldn't start is a great example that I will be forever grateful that poster took the time to write.

Could I suggest in the future that discussion regarding grammar, spelling and punctuation are handled by private message as we all should know to support effective relationships praise is best done publically but counselling is best done behind closed doors.

Now Tingy,

Can we see some photos of the interior as my memory is that it's in quite good condition too?  

Fair enough, @Peter M.  I actually found your shouty post funny and wasn't trying to take you down.  Once again, my obscure humour was lost in translation. I'm sorry for that.  

Exclaim away! Long live the friendly banter. 

We're all good Harvs!

Yes Rob, where is this 944 we are supposed to be talking about?

I hope Tingy's taking some more photos to post.  Or maybe he's sold it while we were frigging around!

This statement doesn't exactly scream Porsche :huh:

GLWS

Boosted with a rubber spoiler, hint.

Was it mentioned in here that this car is for sale? I got lost don't know about anyone else.

For sale is my 1986 India Red 944 in good condition and been very reliable for me. I haven't messed with the car by way of mods apart from a set of 17" wheels and a radio, i also have original 15" teledials with decent rubber left.

I have had the car for 3yrs and been on numerous runs without fault with many people from this forum, the car runs very well and has 290,482 on the clock and a cold A/C.

Service history in the books and all receipts for work carried out in its 30 yr history, a few dollars spent in my ownership as well, PM for more details.

Asking $12,800 neg Ph 0401010498

IMAG08771.jpg

IMGP2107.jpg

Photo with original Teledials

IMAG0942.jpg

With 17" Twists

IMAG0950.jpg

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0944.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

Boosted with a rubber spoiler, hint.

Was it mentioned in here that this car is for sale? I got lost don't know about anyone else.

Somebody will get a really nice 944.

Again, good luck

Archived