LA trip - Outlaw city

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even got a guitar ready for me mate?

Toldya, I'm a left handed player, and that one is right handed! Still waiting for my plane ticket too

Looks like a nice place. Very bohemian....or hipster! Got your hemp jeans and man bun sorted? :-)

Even got a guitar ready for me mate?

Toldya, I'm a left handed player, and that one is right handed! Still waiting for my plane ticket too

Looks like a nice place. Very bohemian....or hipster! Got your hemp jeans and man bun sorted? :-)

you'll have to ask Hugh whether hes got enough room in his luggage ;) 

Looks like a good trip coming T.

You need get the car out for a drive whilst your there.  

Im sure MW will point you in the right direction for some twisty roads nearby. 

sounds even better when you say it twice aswell mate :) 

Wednesday is going to be a long but very cool day. Leave and arrive on the same day getting to LA at about 6.30am. Meeting MW around 10 and off for a drive. 

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Angeles+Crest+Hwy,+California,+USA/@34.3436033,-117.9096937,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c31f9846c6ef75:0xd6302248620c955f?hl=en-au

1424560F-ED5C-44BB-8B0F-D98EB15B66A5_zps

EE3FFB96-84A2-4518-AACF-760FE0882824_zps

Looks like the 930 might have been there before..

A0B155E9-185D-4BEF-A7DE-EBF5B98611C8_zps

Very cool trip

I was back at the Petersen about six weeks ago. It was good before - but the new museum is fantastic and an absolute must do for any car enthusiast. 

Check out the Edison - very cool bar in down town LA  http://www.edisondowntown.com/mobile/

You would need to book but if you get time head out to Nobu in Malibu, it's the original and by far the best. 

I will be back in LA on Sunday so we will probably pass on the freeway.

Have a safe trip - don't underestimate the roads through the hills and the assholes that drive them, especially the lunatics on jap bikes. Having lived in LA before I can tell you those roads are alluring but bloody dangerous, amazing just how many cars get wrecked. Goes without saying - don't stare at anyone when you're at the lights - it can be fatal in the USA :ph34r:

Look after yourself

Dave 

Very cool trip

I was back at the Petersen about six weeks ago. It was good before - but the new museum is fantastic and an absolute must do for any car enthusiast. 

Check out the Edison - very cool bar in down town LA  http://www.edisondowntown.com/mobile/

You would need to book but if you get time head out to Nobu in Malibu, it's the original and by far the best. 

I will be back in LA on Sunday so we will probably pass on the freeway.

Have a safe trip - don't underestimate the roads through the hills and the assholes that drive them, especially the lunatics on jap bikes. Having lived in LA before I can tell you those roads are alluring but bloody dangerous, amazing just how many cars get wrecked. Goes without saying - don't stare at anyone when you're at the lights - it can be fatal in the USA :ph34r:

Look after yourself

Dave 

thanks mate - appreciate the tips

Watch out for the potholes in the roads as well, don't want you to knacker the new rims before you've got the thing home. The wheels on my Camry rental car are taking quite a pounding here in California :rolleyes:

We're driving down from Monterey on Wednesday, might drive up to Newcombs on the way to LA but that's time dependant on what is a 6 hr drive anyway. Grab me a bunch of Magnus stickers if you don't mind, I have a few chips to cover up on mine ?

Singer on Thursday, lucky man ?

Watch out for the potholes in the roads as well, don't want you to knacker the new rims before you've got the thing home. The wheels on my Camry rental car are taking quite a pounding here in California :rolleyes:

We're driving down from Monterey on Wednesday, might drive up to Newcombs on the way to LA but that's time dependant on what is a 6 hr drive anyway. Grab me a bunch of Magnus stickers if you don't mind, I have a few chips to cover up on mine ?

Singer on Thursday, lucky man ?

Thats right mate, STICKERS, SIGNED STICKERS! ;-)

I'll need another container with all the signed crap I've been asked to pick up ;) 

you still up for meeting on Thursday Mike?

yes I am up at 4.30am...

Archived