LA trip - Outlaw city

Just booked flights to LA to go and check out my latest purchase before shipping it back to OZ. Arrive early Thursday Morning on the 2nd of June. Leave the evening of the 5th. So I have a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Part Sunday to fill.  Hopefully confirm by tomorrow when I am meeting up with the bearded gent, but looking for P-car related activities to fill the day. Any ideas/suggestions/contacts would be appreciated for:

shops to visit

showrooms to visit

swap meets

drives to go on

parts places to dig

etc etc

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction of roads (I'm thinking of doing the Angeles Crest Highway on Thursday, maybe late Wednesday if we get there from Monterey in time) but perhaps a quick trip to Pelican Parts will be in order or LA Dismantlers....

I actually just want to see DTLA, it's 10 years since we were last in LA (other than passing through LAX) so I'm keen to see the difference in artistry and architecture. Your man Magnus has a lot to answer for with that!

I daren't go to any dealers or builders, it would get messy dealing with a divorce as well :lol:

Petersen museum refurb is apparently a must. It was great before as well...

yeah came to say this.  Though I haven't been yet.

Also check when next pelican parts cars and coffee on.

An interesting diversion in LA is the Getty museum off the 405.  For someone interested in interiors it's a must-see.

thanks for the input so far guys. Looks like i will be hooking up with Mike S on Thursday night.

Also just got an email back from Rob Dickinson (owner/creator of SINGER) - looks like they are happy to give me a tour! Now i am properly excited..

nice one t, def get to singer, maybe collect your book ;)... after, once you've had enough outlaw try: http://www.thebroad.org

iwan_baan_the_broad_facade.png

apparently book issues are all now resolved!

On the topic of LA... Currently there in the airline lounge waiting for boarding, Hic.

i can put together a rough driving route of some good roads if you will get the chance in your black beast. Up the PCH, through some canyons and along Mulholland.  Nothing serious, just a few hours of nice roads in a big city.  You won't believe what great roads exist in the middle of a metropolis.

hic.

On the topic of LA... Currently there in the airline lounge waiting for boarding, Hic.

i can put together a rough driving route of some good roads if you will get the chance in your black beast. Up the PCH, through some canyons and along Mulholland.  Nothing serious, just a few hours of nice roads in a big city.  You won't believe what great roads exist in the middle of a metropolis.

hic.

post the route - if i can get Black beauty on the road i will want to go for a drive forsure

sent u the number earlier today num nuts 

u must have sent it to your ex wife again Michael. Emailed him anyway.

Now arriving on Wednesday 1st - meeting MW that day. SINGER date time tbc. Steve McQueen car show on the Saturday. Still a few hours to fill

Archived