Front Engine/Transaxle only gathering!

edgy

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/8989-40-years-of-transaxle-meet-up-drive/#comment-163398 

Posted an EOI for this in SMT section ^^ 

I propose we have a NSW gathering of front engine only cars to celebrate 40 years of transaxle Porsche. 

No 911's allowed -_-

Whoever reads this, spread the word :D and keep the chatter going. Hopefully @Buchanan Automotive can help this one along. 

Need feedback on dates folks and show of hands. :) 

Cheers

Edgy,

Why don't you call it a "Front Engine" gathering as in plain English transaxle just means the gearbox and differential are in the same case making every manual gearbox equipped Porsche ever made eligible!

Yeah I know Porsche call them that but that must be a funny German thing....

Edgy,

Why don't you call it a "Front Engine" gathering as in plain English transaxle just means the gearbox and differential are in the same case making every manual gearbox equipped Porsche ever made eligible!

Yeah I know Porsche call them that but that must be a funny German thing....

I get what you're saying, even the Macan has a transaxle. 

BUT We will run with the German theme, Porsche marketing hype. :) 

Yep this sounds good, Pete is kinda right and i get where your coming from with the German theme for this particular celebration, i also am not a fan of excluding anyone from going on a SMT regardless of where the engine is located, i know a lot of purists are not fans of the water cooled front engined unloved and not cared for 924, 944 etc, but i guess we could let them share the road with the rare models.:D

I agree with all the above......:wacko:

Front engined, transaxle whatever.... It is the 40th after all....

All I am saying is that I am very interested as well and if there is anything I can do to help, I am in......:D

Damm good idea and I am sure one 'meet' wouldn't hurt anyone.......

I  think you all know my stab at 911 owners was a tongue in cheek one! ;) 

By all means, all are welcome but if you do have a 924/928/944/968 in your garage, for gods sake, don't bring your 911. 

Oh & the thread title is updated to be more Politically Correct.

We gotta be careful how we throw this trans term around these days... it's open to a few meanings. 

It is a great idea edgy i would love to see a heap of front engine cars turn up to a meet.

I could probably help out as well if you need.

I know there's a lot of cars tucked away that no one knows about it would be great to see them come out of the woodwork so to speak.

Oh & the thread title is updated to be more Politically Correct.

Surprised you didn't retitle it "Tranny Gathering"!

Would have avoided all the confusion in one fell swoop!

Great idea to get all these cars together BTW and should be a great day

This sounds great, I'd love a road trip down from brissy to show off my new toy. I pick it up on Monday and will post pictures soon after.

As the 911 got a birthday celebration i think the transaxle cars need one too. Im suprised the porsche clubs havent tried to organise one, or that there wasnt something at Rennsport. The factory shifted their entire museum around to celebrate it! Why isnt anyone else!

Archived