I have a thought, I don't expect an overwhelming response either. 

As Porsche celebrates 40 years of Transaxle cars this year, I was thinking about organising a get together of Porsche Transaxle cars. 

Something like a morning gathering with some coffee and then a drive to a nice lunch spot like a Vineyard in the hunter? 

s16_0166_fine_0.jpg?itok=yJphNp0r

Show of hands? 

repose may be more apt ... depends on timing and I know you guys still think the world is flat beyond marrickville but  maybe somewhere a bit south or west might pick up some guys in more southern latitudes 

repose may be more apt ... depends on timing and I know you guys still think the world is flat beyond marrickville but  maybe somewhere a bit south or west might pick up some guys in more southern latitudes 

Or we could head to Canberra? :lol: 

The guys on 924board have been talking of something similar. They thought somewhere between Syd and Bris as that where most of them are located (well, not mid way, but i reckon you know what I mean).

http://www.924board.org/viewtopic.php?t=41961&highlight=australia

Cool, feel free to let know of this. 

Great idea......

count me in.....:P

:)

Thats the spirit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if there is any more interest in this meet up/drive as Corki944 and I are thinking about a drive in a few weeks time so any more ideas or dates post them up, Edgy?

If I can get one in time, you can count me in.

Hey Port,

Tingy may have one if you are interested.......;)

You may even get to test drive it on our little excursion.......

Will be nutting out details in the coming weeks ok, the more the merrier but would love to get as many 924,944,928,968 as possible but not limited too.......:D

P.S. How much is it on the Spirit of Tazmania, tazzieman, you guys may get a group discount.....:)

Just wondering if there is any more interest in this meet up/drive as Corki944 and I are thinking about a drive in a few weeks time so any more ideas or dates post them up, Edgy?

Hi Mate,

Just back from overseas trip, I'm still keen, pending dates! Winter is a busy one for me, happy to even wait for spring when it warms up a bit too. :) 

If its a couple of weeks, I may not be available and if I am it'll be the 911... the 924 still resides in Melbourne as I have not had a chance to go get it. 

I only have have these crappy two pics of it. 

IMG_0338_zpsxpenl2fs.jpg

IMG_0337_zpspgfg9b5b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I floated the idea on 924.org, and have a post here somewhere. I'm keen to meet up somewhere... maybe around September? My 924 is currently having its engine rebuilt however I'll lower myself and come in the 911 if need be.

I think September could be good? As I mentioned, I have lots of commitments until winter is over, but this could be a good way to ring in spring time! :) 

Just checking the calendar, the PCNSW annual concours is on the 18th of September. 

• 2 months later...

I have a thought, I don't expect an overwhelming response either. 

As Porsche celebrates 40 years of Transaxle cars this year, I was thinking about organising a get together of Porsche Transaxle cars. 

Something like a morning gathering with some coffee and then a drive to a nice lunch spot like a Vineyard in the hunter? 

s16_0166_fine_0.jpg?itok=yJphNp0r

Show of hands? 

Does anyone have an idea on what happened to this thought of a get together, did it die or just went to sleep for a time.

Archived