So I bought an 89 Turbo 944

TINGY

Maybe you had better keep the "old girl" for just those occasions........it's an excuse to keep it anyway

The "old girl" is only 3 years older than the new one, I need a stacker like TurboT's I think;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so now we need to find a car cocoon for Tingy's new ride.......

She is a beauty and i even have the pics to prove it.....:wub:

But i will wait for Tingy to post the first pics......:P

you can see Dreamr's 911 just up bit further.

pretty much was an unofficial PFA meet happening at Dreamr's 911 at the time, photo bomb!!

great pick up Stephen, hope you do get to C&C on Sunday as I would love to see the new ride....

Picked up the car this morning and the owner had it out and ready to roll.

Headed to the freeway and home the first impressions are that the car is somewhat stiffer as i have expected and way less body roll, braking is effortless and i enjoyed using the cruise control on the freeway.

The car feels very similar as my 86 to drive except for the BOOST, they say it's addictive and i can see why. I have driven turbo cars before but none that had the same feel as this does, foot goes down, car goes faster, then BAM, car goes much much faster and it feels like the older 2 stroke motorbikes when they hit powerband.

Inside is very close to showroom condition and a credit to previous owners, not a mark to be found (yet).

It is rewarding to drive and feels tight and straight, it also has a longer final drive so driving in start stop traffic is a bit of a chore and doesn't like chugging around at 60 in 4th.

I will take more pics and post up soon, i took a mate for a drive as i told him how nice this car was and he got a big surprise at just how good the interior really was.

The PO also had sales brochures from '89 that he said cost him a fortune on ebay in immaculate condition and he very kindly gave them to me, so i feel very lucky today.:)

Nice pair you have there, must be tempting to keep both :)

It is Adam and if my garage extension went thru council i would have the 86 and 89 sitting inside a 4 car garage right now exactly where they are sitting.

It is Adam and if my garage extension went thru council i would have the 86 and 89 sitting inside a 4 car garage right now exactly where they are sitting.

Oh no! Any chance it will get built now?

The rear bumper extension/ under tray makes such a difference!

LOL!  Drove past you on Reservoir Road today (in my DD) and spent rest of the trip wondering who owned FUN944.

Now I know!

Looks great!

I am surprised you couldn't see me smiling as you drove past Pete lol.

Great Cars.......well done.  I'm trying to get a friend to buy your 944, as I have been told I'm not allowed to :(

It would of been nice to add a water cooled front engine to the collection Chris.

More pics

20160527_1540471.jpg

a few pics from some sales brochures

20160527_185627.jpg

20160527_185729.jpg

20160527_185817.jpg

If anyone wants prices for vehicles i have a price guide for the 89 year effective from 1/8/1988 for,

944S2

944 Turbo

911 Carrera

911 Carrera Sport

928S4

The "S" was attached to the '88 turbo then as far as i understand all turbo cars that were built from '89 on had the '88 specs and the "S" was dropped, not sure if i'm correct but i believe only 12 or 13 came into the country in 89. I have only seen 4 come up for sale in "S" spec in the last 4-5 yrs on carsales and one of those was an import and 1 popped up last week with 270,000kms, mine is Indian Red with 84,xxx kms, a very lucky find.

Gee what a great looking car, that is actually my car you have stumbled across, 86 944, which is for sale, that pic is from CCCC in April, Corki944 owns the silver 944 and you can see Dreamr's 911 just up bit further.

Tingy

Car looks fabulous.  Plenty of discussion on the forums about "S" spec and I expect you've already found this site, apart from the obvious Rennlist and Pelican ones:

http://944turbo.net/

My records show 38 250hp 952s imported in '89 ("K" series), 15 imported in '90 ("L" series).  Rare beasts indeed, and yours looks to be one of the best around - mine has 211,000km.

Archived