Jason, just in case you need a replacement motor, gearbox and other stuff - this is a bargain...  I bought my KW V3s from this seller.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bassendean/engine-engine-parts-transmission/porsche-944-s2-running-gear-price-dropped/1126220469

I was eyeing that some time ago...would make a great donor engine for a 3L 16v turbo! If only I had more money to throw around... :-(

Jason, just in case you need a replacement motor, gearbox and other stuff - this is a bargain...  I bought my KW V3s from this seller.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bassendean/engine-engine-parts-transmission/porsche-944-s2-running-gear-price-dropped/1126220469

Ronny have you looked at this, dont worry about originality this is a bargain.

Look heres another one. Correction, this is the car in question for sale in England last year, or is it the second of these cars, apparently there are 2.

http://flussigmagazine.com/17/post/2015/01/1984-porsche-944-harlequin-2995-usd4530.html

Picture

Picture

I just don't understand, who TF, what TF, why TF,  I just don't understand, this makes my head hurt..... Thank sweet baby jesus that it isn't a 944 Turbo S or 968 CS

I just don't understand, who TF, what TF, why TF,  I just don't understand, this makes my head hurt..... Thank sweet baby jesus that it isn't a 944 Turbo S or 968 CS

Agree totally.  I actually considered calling this bloke because the car looks in good knick under that horrendous paint & leather.  But when you factor in repaint & retrim (absolutely neccesary)  the car would need to be about 6k.

Rob, if I need to start considering replacement motors & gearbox's I will be howling. 

Hey Jason,

I forgot to say congrats on your new baby, they are such a great car, you'll have a ball :)  Because of the shape some people seem to think they are quite new.  when I bought mine some colleages looked at the car and said 'How the hell can you afford that" not realising that it was worth half what their new XR8 and Calais were worth...

Thanks MB,

I am excited, can't wait to get my hands on it.  Just waiting for Buchanan's to give me the news next week on what is needed to bring it back from it's current state of despair.  When I picked it up from the seller I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a real dog at that price.  I thought with a couple days of deep cleaning in & out it will look pretty reasonable.  Certainly reasonable enough that I could live with it until after we finish building our house & the dollars aren't a concern.  Then Bruce called me the next day & started giving me the long list of bad news items which deflated my enthusiasm a wee bit & made my nuts pucker considerably.

Today though I thought perhaps if I need to sink some serious dollars into this car to get it up to scratch at least I will be putting money into a car that may slowly increase in value over time rather than a car that will continue to lose money.  The 944s seem to be very slowly rising in value & especially the Turbos & the S2s seem quite sought after.  That's my rationale anyway.  It is certainly what I am telling my wife seeing as how my cost/ repair estimates have doubled (or more).

Anyway I own a Porsche, a cool Porsche.  I can't wait to drive it.  I can't wait to enjoy it.  I love cool cars & this takes me back to how I felt in my 20's when I had my 260Z & my Alfa 105 & my 124cc.  I don't even have it yet & it is making me smile.  That's what it's all about I suppose.

And perhaps someone can assist with the less complicated repairs for a smile and a beer or two?
Once sorted you will have a very solid fun reliable car.

My costs for the past 3 years have been [oil+filter] x3!

You always know how to make me feel better Taz.

That's a subjective one, for me though if I could most definitely yes!!.... your biggest annual cost is most likely registration!

Registration is bloody annoying. Would be nice to see a special class of rego that you can pay once to register a few cars on the proviso only one is on the road at any one time...

Look heres another one. Correction, this is the car in question for sale in England last year, or is it the second of these cars, apparently there are 2.

http://flussigmagazine.com/17/post/2015/01/1984-porsche-944-harlequin-2995-usd4530.html

Picture

I believe this whole craze was started by VW (in the UK maybe...) to help shift a few Golf's or something like that, there probably is more info out there but lets face do you really want to know..... :blink:

Thanks MB,

I am excited, can't wait to get my hands on it.  Just waiting for Buchanan's to give me the news next week on what is needed to bring it back from it's current state of despair.  When I picked it up from the seller I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a real dog at that price.  I thought with a couple days of deep cleaning in & out it will look pretty reasonable.  Certainly reasonable enough that I could live with it until after we finish building our house & the dollars aren't a concern.  Then Bruce called me the next day & started giving me the long list of bad news items which deflated my enthusiasm a wee bit & made my nuts pucker considerably.

Today though I thought perhaps if I need to sink some serious dollars into this car to get it up to scratch at least I will be putting money into a car that may slowly increase in value over time rather than a car that will continue to lose money.  The 944s seem to be very slowly rising in value & especially the Turbos & the S2s seem quite sought after.  That's my rationale anyway.  It is certainly what I am telling my wife seeing as how my cost/ repair estimates have doubled (or more).

Anyway I own a Porsche, a cool Porsche.  I can't wait to drive it.  I can't wait to enjoy it.  I love cool cars & this takes me back to how I felt in my 20's when I had my 260Z & my Alfa 105 & my 124cc.  I don't even have it yet & it is making me smile.  That's what it's all about I suppose.

There is a certain satisfaction in rescuing a sick puppy... don't be scared to get a second opinion either if your not sure on your first quote.  

Hi Jason congrats on your new baby, I love my 944, they are older cars so, repairs come hand in hand, my wife loves the car but in the first month I had the car I spent more than I earned on it, & have been told to hold back for a while on the spending. But we both still love the car. It's an 10/86 n/a car, so the value maybe will not increase that much, but I purchased it to enjoy & every time I get behind the wheel it makes me smile. :):):)