Guys and girls, just letting you know that I'll be putting my 1990 944 Turbo up on Car Sales in a few days.  Full Fitzy engine rebuild 45k km ago in 2010.  Looking for mid-$40ks.

Some pics here: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMxytrgN3ToFqvRRa4yA_bvo_JZspU52JbYlEd3

Full spiel will be on Car Sales...  Let me know if any interest.

Cheers

Rob

I see your ad is up on Carsales Rob.......great looking car, GLWTS.

Comes with cupholder and pristine coolant tank!!!! :P

The Willoughby S2 has dropped to $18,500! :blink:

Some questions have to be asked ....

If he's just spent $10k on it, surely it's worth more than what he's asking ..... no one sells a circa $30k car for $18k because the interior needs some work ....

A cheap Porsche isn't always a cheap Porsche .....

Some questions have to be asked ....

If he's just spent $10k on it, surely it's worth more than what he's asking ..... no one sells a circa $30k car for $18k because the interior needs some work ....

I went to have a look at this car today.....

I went to have a look at this car today.....

Do tell..........................

I bought a neglected S2 for 10k in November 2016.  I have since spent about 25k (surely no more) getting it up to speed & there is still LOTS to do.  

I think old mate probably either underestimated his spend & has decided to get out.  (I think someone said the owner is a Porsche mechanic) or maybe he got the thing for next to nothing & has thrown all the cash he's going to throw at it & or his missus has said get rid of it.

If you read his add it sounds a bit beat up ( & he's a seller who are generally optimistic about a cars foibles).   

I'll buy it if it gets down to 10k.

Trying to be as transparent as I can and not wanting to say anything that I didn't say to the seller.....

The car was certainly in a much worse condition than I thought it would be.

It comes down to restoration costs on top of the purchase price and in doing my sums it didn't add up to me.

Interior and exterior were very poor. Every wheel was badly damaged and tyres were mismatched.

The body has had more hits than Elvis and required panel work and a full repaint.

Side sills, front splitter were badly damaged and would require replacement. Rust in certain areas.Sunroof was in operatable. 

Interior would require a full strip out and most of it replaced, including the seats. Carpet very rough. Switches were unreadable.

Clutch had a shudder and peddle box was loose.....

On doing a quick tally up I reckon you could spend over $20000 easy and on top of the purchase price it didn't add up to me.

Also, no Books for the car.

All of the above I told the Seller which he accepted.

Mechanical work had been completed as the seller was a Porsche mechanic.

The Seller was a decent guy and very transparent on the car.

Having previously owned a Concours 1989 944 Turbo, it was sad to see a car in this condition.

I was prepared for a Project, but not one where you are well behind the "eight ball" to begin with.

The seller said he put about 50 hours of his time into the car as well as about $5000 in parts.

With what we has in the car, on top of his purchase price I guess he is trying to recoup costs.....but to me the selling

price doesn't reflect value.

Edited by red clubbie

The Seller was a decent guy and very transparent on the car.

Having previously owned a Concours 1989 944 Turbo, it was sad to see a car in this condition.

I was prepared for a Project, but not one where you are well behind the "eight ball" to begin with.

The seller said he put about 50 hours of his time into the car as well as about $5000 in parts.

With what we has in the car, on top of his purchase price I guess he is trying to recoup costs.....but to me the selling

price doesn't reflect value.

revise my above offer.......5k.  This sounds worse than my car (by a bloody long way & look what I've spent).  I'd buy it for 5k & use it as a parts car for mine).  I truly cant believe that people let these cars get to this state.  I FU@%ING LOVE MY CAR!!!!  It goes like a cut cat & grips like an angry Spanish girl & people neglect them........I just can't fathom it.

Too true Dreamer, too true................................................ask me how I know...........................................

Can anyone give me an idea of the value of a 944S manual,Aus del,235klms on the clock,torn seats ,cracked dash,some interior trim broken,small ding in the back of body ,broken front spoiler,two large cracks in paint,leaking rocker cover gaskit and a whining noise when it's sits on about 100klm possible torque tube but who knows?

1987 car that's been sitting idle for 3 to 4 years under a tarp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks.