While I was taking a joy ride in this car, I got to thinking....I don't understand the generally held disdain for the tiptronic gearbox.  In conjunction with using the right hand foot pedal, you push the gear lever forward every time you want to go faster, and you pull it backwards to make the car go slower.  I see it as a combination of the convenience of the modern George Jetson flappy paddles and being able to hold a specific gear just like a manual.

I'm thinking the new owner of the 968 did well, the car looked very clean in the pics.

One advantage I see with the tip gearbox is that my wife would be more comfortable driving it, therefore it could be used as a second or third car. My wife can drive a manual box however doesn't do it enough to get comfortable with it.  Like so many things Porsche related, the definition of 'good' is very dependent on the individuals motivations and requirements.

I'm thinking the new owner of the 968 did well, the car looked very clean in the pics.

One advantage I see with the tip gearbox is that my wife would be more comfortable driving it, therefore it could be used as a second or third car. My wife can drive a manual box however doesn't do it enough to get comfortable with it.  Like so many things Porsche related, the definition of 'good' is very dependent on the individuals motivations and requirements.

You make some really good points Bear. One of my mates is on his second new Golf GTI and he has ordered the Auto DSG both times for the same reasons. His wife drives it to the shops in auto only, then when he drives it he works it out with the paddles. BUT, it means his wife is TOO comfortable in the GTI and tends to take it alot !!! He jokes that the next one will be a manual......

these are stock photos?  Not the actual car for sale- am I right?  The wheels are different in photo1/2.

plus his facts are wrong - the S2 is clearly the pinnacle of the 944 world - obviously ?

It only looks new because I washed it last Friday for C&C on Saturday.

It's actually over 27 years old.

Of course, Jason E was the first tyre kicker at C&C. Typical! He must have a sixth sense for S2s...

GLWTS Plugger, very nice looking car :wub:.

Let's hope the Brown Bear isn't watching as he now knows your name from the carsales ad  :ph34r: :o (what brakes are you running :lol: :lol::lol:)

GLWTS Plugger, very nice looking car :wub:.

Let's hope the Brown Bear isn't watching as he now knows your name from the carsales ad  :ph34r: :o (what brakes are you running :lol: :lol::lol:)

Could you just imagine how good it would stop with some medium blacks up front :Beer:

It only looks new because I washed it last Friday for C&C on Saturday.

It's actually over 27 years old.

Nice looking example Plugger! The quality reminds me of Rob's 944 turbo, and I expect it will attract a similar type of buyer. GLWS