https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-4909077?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

Has anyone from Vic looked at this???

For the right money this would make a great city daily...............just sayin'................

Hmm, i wonder how this would hold up going to the shops as well for me, this was $21k so maybe with negotiating just a smidge more on offer.

Hmm, i wonder how this would hold up going to the shops as well for me, this was $21k so maybe with negotiating just a smidge more on offer.

Owned by a Porsche enthusiast, all belts etc. done, full service history, great price for a 968 .... all the ingredients for a fantastic "daily" or "going to the shops" car .... 

Has anyone looked at / got any knowledge of the 944 going through Shannons next auction in Melbourne? Guide of $8-10k seems somewhat cheap, despite the rooted interior. I keep meaning to stop by for a proper look at it.

I posted my thoughts on this before but Shannons have a really bad habit of under valuing their cars to entice people into their auctions .... it will go for more than their estimate, no doubt about it ....

I posted my thoughts on this before but Shannons have a really bad habit of under valuing their cars to entice people into their auctions .... it will go for more than their estimate, no doubt about it ....

Yep, they're pretty good with the undervaluing but to be fair it's the luck of the draw, I've watched many a car go for the guide or lower. Porsches seem to be one where it's very hit and miss.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/SSE-AD-4909077?WT.seg_4=PriceAlert

Has anyone from Vic looked at this???

For the right money this would make a great city daily...............just sayin'................

i think the problem is you can get a 911 for not much more. I considered checking this out, but decided for an extra 5-10k I can get a younger 996

i think the problem is you can get a 911 for not much more. I considered checking this out, but decided for an extra 5-10k I can get a younger 996

I find it interesting how there are clumps of potential cars at each price point that have their own reason to own or not to own. Especially if you add or subtract $10k here or there. I find it amusing how I'll start looking at good Porsche's to buy for $100k, then find myself considering cars that actually cost $200k. It starts with, this is nice, however for 'only' $20k more I could get this one... which is nice, however for only $20k more I could get into an xyz model that has this bell.... but wait... for $20k more I could also get a whistle. 

I am of the view that regardless of what you buy, you should buy what you 'really' want. Porsches all cost money to get sorted and this tends to be dead money. Pointless buy one that you isn't your ideal, putting lots of $$, to then sell and purchase your ideal. Within reason of course... I'd like a 959 however won't ever buy one, the ideal car should be somewhere within the realms of possibility. 

It's left-hook because it's in the US...  USD 24k + transport, duty, etc = not a flier

That's why I mentioned LH hook and ready for transport. About 3k-4k for transport add 20% exchange, dont no the duty but its got to work out Ok compared to what here quality and price. :cool07:

Has the ACT 'Club Sport' S2 been discussed?  Looks pretty decent and all mods reversible for the purist. Love the GT3 seats and comes with the factory spec too. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1989/SSE-AD-4889060/?Cr=2 

if anyone interested and timing works, happy to throw a leg over 

Has the ACT 'Club Sport' S2 been discussed?  Looks pretty decent and all mods reversible for the purist. Love the GT3 seats and comes with the factory spec too. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-944-1989/SSE-AD-4889060/?Cr=2 

944S2.jpg

I know of a better, all original S2 for $38k firm in Canberra if this is what you are looking for Scotty? PM me if that is the case.