I wonder if that Maroon piece of junk was just taken off the market again or if some poor soul actually bought it...... I heard that the owner was very reluctant to any PPI...

A few high priced early cars on the market at the moment, 

Yes including this one that hasn't been serviced for 29yrs!

You can add 15k to this one, i wonder if the tyres are 30yrs old as well.

1984 Porsche 944 Manual

Service history:

Kms/ Date/ Item 06/06/1984 First registration.

1,096 kms 22/06/1984 First Service.

10,437 kms 28/11/ 1984 Service.

17,714 01/05/1985 Service.

28,171 02/01/1985 Service

35,507 16/06/1986 Service

44,247 15/01/1987 Service

52,613 03/08/1987 Service

66,7294 09/07/1988 Service

Yeah, I have seen this car pop up and disappear a couple time over the last couple years. Back when I was looking for mine it was advertised on Gumtree for like one night before being 

Quoting doesn't seem to work from my phone........sigh.

What is people's thoughts on this, value?

Wish there were a few interior shots. 

I'm not looking at purchasing a 944 turbo however if I was, I'd consider this car at $25300 against a certain blue series 2 944 turbo for sale at $45k. At first thoughts you'd think that the price difference of $20k would make this turbo the better buy. When factoring in the fact the white car is an import, and that the blue 944 is a series two turbo, and then finally looking at the work done on the blue 944, I've concluded the blue 944 is still the better buy. It is so easy to spend money on these cars if they are a little tired that the adage 'buy the best one you can afford' really does come into play.  If the white 944 had a PPI completed and there was nothing to be spent on the car, I'd probably change my conclusion, my gut is telling me that this wouldn't be the case though.

Enjoyed this part of the classified:

SELLING AS HAVE LOST INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS.

Sometimes think life would be much simpler if I could lose interest in classic cars, the 944 owner obviously never got fully infected.

Enjoyed this part of the classified:

SELLING AS HAVE LOST INTEREST IN CLASSIC CARS.

Sometimes think life would be much simpler if I could lose interest in classic cars, the 944 owner obviously never got fully infected.

He must have chosen the wrong car .... if he'd have bought a 924 Turbo or even an aircooled 911, he would never have lost interest!!! ..... :ph34r:

He must have chosen the wrong car .... if he'd have bought a 924 Turbo or even an aircooled 911, he would never have lost interest!!! ..... :ph34r:

Ducks for cover as he looks around at the brutish 944 owners standing all around :blink:.

I do sometimes wonder if the amount of commitment required to own a car, actually fuels the interest in owning the car?

If that muse is actually true, I'm confident my 924 will provide many more interesting years!

Hmmm, anyone want to buy a 944? ? Gotta get that 968 outta my head!!

I'm not one for spreading rumour, but I understand that the 968 has been sold.  I've been sworn to secrecy by the wife of the new owner so I can't say too much at this point in time. BUT I will say that yesterday my wife and 11 yr old son and I just happened to find ourselves in the neighbourhood of the seller, and by a massive coincidence we were able to meet at the local pie shop. 

After having had a good look around it, a ride in it and a quick drive, my family liked it a lot.  During the next few hours while driving home, it was liked more and more, and was the topic of discussion around the dinner table at our local Chinese food joint! 

While I was taking a joy ride in this car, I got to thinking....I don't understand the generally held disdain for the tiptronic gearbox.  In conjunction with using the right hand foot pedal, you push the gear lever forward every time you want to go faster, and you pull it backwards to make the car go slower.  I see it as a combination of the convenience of the modern George Jetson flappy paddles and being able to hold a specific gear just like a manual.