Oh really.

If it's the same guy. We had one idiot asking stupid money for a 944, and I'm pretty sure he was in WA. We delete anything not air cooled related, as it doesn't say 'All Porsches' in the title. There are plenty of water cooled pages around to advertise a 944

Lowest price 944 in Australia

lot a work to bring it up to snuff, is it worth it as its a Lefti. Needs paint, non standard wheels, but its a turbo.

maybe good for a parts car or rat rod.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Matchbox-Porsche-944-Turbo-/112413730142?hash=item1a2c61655e:g:nbIAAOSwYvFZID3P

Hopefully interested parties won't start a bidding war!

lot a work to bring it up to snuff, is it worth it as its a Lefti. Needs paint, non standard wheels, but its a turbo.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Matchbox-Porsche-944-Turbo-/112413730142?hash=item1a2c61655e:g:nbIAAOSwYvFZID3P

It's RED...if I had my time again this would be the one haha ? 

I might snap it up for my baby boy. Much to the disgust of many here, he's currently zooming around a red italian...

Red spoiler doesn't do it for me.

I may as well add one more 944S2 to the fold. 

1990 Hamiltons delivered, I am the 4th owner, 147,000kms (fully documented), full service history, all books are in the Porsche folder (like new), no sunroof so great headroom, immaculate but not concourse, has been driven so has a few small stone chips. Interior is Porsche script in black and grey.

Beautiful car. $38,000 firm (no offers please). If you are keen PM me, otherwise I'll keep it as my weekender for another year. They are sure to rise in value again (probably the week after I sell it).

IMG_1707.JPG

I may as well add one more 944S2 to the fold. 

1990 Hamiltons delivered, I am the 4th owner, 147,000kms (fully documented), full service history, all books are in the Porsche folder (like new), no sunroof so great headroom, immaculate but not concourse, has been driven so has a few small stone chips. Interior is Porsche script in black and grey.

Beautiful car. $38,000 firm (no offers please). If you are keen PM me, otherwise I'll keep it as my weekender for another year. They are sure to rise in value again (probably the week after I sell it).

IMG_1707.JPG

Mate, It's a pity you're not coming to our Glenn Innes FEP meet, i'd love to get a look at this bad boy in the flesh.

Mate, It's a pity you're not coming to our Glenn Innes FEP meet, i'd love to get a look at this bad boy in the flesh.

It's beautiful Jason, that's why it has taken me two years to post it again for sale. It has been called one of the best in the country, I think it would make the top ten best 944's if you ever assemble one, in my opinion of course :)  All the Canberra Air cooled Kollectiv guys know the car (Michel, Tit, Panzer, etc). If anyone is interested and knows any of the guys I am more than happy for them to drive it, look at it, photograph it etc, then have a private conversation with you about it. This car sells itself.

Food for thought if anyone is interested. All original (except has a CD player). Drives like brand new, like any 147,000km Porsche will, smells like brand new. 

This guy is misleading and i hope you are on here watching this, i got told it had 103,000kms on it, must have forgotten about the other 60,000.

Great ad by the way, all the information one needs to make a serious decision on spending $70k.

Edited by TINGY944

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the silver rose edition had the turbo sticker over the right front fender? Perhaps suggesting a repair previously?

I'm thinking this is a $35-40k car as it is a silver rose and isn't a total mess... however my gut tells me it may need some work to bring to be on par with MB911's S2. Think I'd be going with the S2 unless I was particularly chasing a turbo version and then I'd proceed carefully......

That's the thing really isn't it with cars like this Silver Rose. Yeah it's collectable, I get that, but $70k is a lot of money for something that could consume unknown tens of thousands of dollars more to bring it up to speed. Then at the end you need to find someone who wants one badly enough to pay big dollars for it.  For nearly half the price you are buying cars like mine and Plugger's that are mint, original, beautiful cars that will hardly cost you anything for the next 10 years above normal maintenance and running costs. Is it that much faster on a normal road on an SMT, probably not. Will it feel anymore special to drive or give you more enjoyment (unless you are a serious collector), probably not.

I just had another look at it and to be honest the colour schemes inside and out are pretty ugly.

Edited by MB911

That's the thing really isn't it with cars like this Silver Rose. Yeah it's collectable, I get that, but $70k is a lot of money for something that could consume unknown tens of thousands of dollars more to bring it up to speed. Then at the end you need to find someone who wants one badly enough to pay big dollars for it.  For nearly half the price you are buying cars like mine and Plugger's that are mint, original, beautiful cars that will hardly cost you anything for the next 10 years above normal maintenance and running costs. Is it that much faster on a normal road on an SMT, probably not. Will it feel anymore special to drive or give you more enjoyment (unless you are a serious collector), probably not.

I just had another look at it and to be honest the colour schemes inside and out are pretty ugly.

Or one could buy mine, it feels special to drive and it will give you more enjoyment:D

I always find it difficult to price (when I play the 'what would I pay for that' game in my head) these 'special' Porsche models. In which I'm referring to models that are essentially a normal car with a badge or specific period paintwork. The 924 Martini edition is another example, or the various xx year anniversary models in the 911 range. The silver rose did get more horsepower, however it was then carried over to the later turbos so it's not really mechanically special.

For me, if two cars were in the same condition and price, and one was 'special', I'd probably go with the 'special' model because I'm a Porsche nerd. Would I consider paying twice the market value for the car because of a few stickers ... no. I do consider the series two 944 turbo relatively collectible due to their smaller production run and feel in the longer term the difference between the value of the silver rose and series two turbos will be minimal.

If I was looking for a 944 turbo at the moment and Tingy's 944 was for sale, I would be talking with Tingy because that is an amazing example.

If I was looking for a 944 turbo at the moment and Tingy's 944 was for sale, I would be talking with Tingy because that is an amazing example.

Check the post above yours .... Tingy's is always for sale. As he has said on many occasions ..... everything is for sale at the right price ... anyone want a STUNNING x 2  944 Turbo?? :wub:

Check the post above yours .... Tingy's is always for sale. As he has said on many occasions ..... everything is for sale at the right price ... anyone want a STUNNING x 2  944 Turbo?? :wub:

It's not always for sale Ronny but when i go through carsales and see something i might like to try out it goes through my mind again, I, unlike yourself can't afford multiple vehicles:D

For 70k why couldn't the guy with the silver rose car fix the shift boot?

I agree with MB, how much more does this car need spending on it to bring it back, i would like to see the service history.

Edited by TINGY944

It's not always for sale Ronny but when i go through carsales and see something i might like to try out it goes through my mind again, I, unlike yourself can't afford multiple vehicles:D

I only wish I could afford more .... I'd buy yours in a heartbeat! .....