Christ's sake, it's bloody raining S2's at the moment of every stripe & variation.  Of course when I was looking all you could get was an old shitter from Sydney sitting in a bloke named Stavros's yard under a friggen tree (Do I sound a touch bitter?????)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-5058883?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert

Now that is very tidy, perfect color combo as well, not a ridiculous price either.

but are any moving at these prices?

what ever happened to the rose that was not rose turboS? 

Who is looking? 

I think we'll see the "not quite a Rose" rear it's head again in the near future.  It'll be listed for $190k this time.............

It's always the way, that's why they say patience is a virtue. B)

I'm happy to be paitient Port as long as whatever I'm waiting for happens almost immediately..............

Edited by Jason E

You have the most up to date 944 around as far as new parts go, keep it.......oh wait, what's going on with the sunroof........

Just waiting on all the new parts I've ordered for it from Only944 before putting it right.  One more on a long, long, long list of things done & yet to be done..............

Wow, I was holding back a bit on putting mine on carsales as there were so many on there. Given how fast that red one went I'll have to get mine on next weekend. 

Yours would have been gone weeks ago Mark......

Personally i think you should keep it even if you don't drive it often, you probably won't find one like it again.

I have had some serious thoughts about selling mine, people thought i was dicking around and just testing the market but i was about to pull the trigger on a 911.

I had some conversations with a few people about buying an air cooled car and most advised that the AC car will not drive as good as the 944 i have, so i am in for the long term now.

I had some conversations with a few people about buying an air cooled car and most advised that the AC car will not drive as good as the 944 i have, so i am in for the long term now.

Define "drive as good as" .....

Everyone has a different idea of what is good and what is not so good .... just as some people will rave about a movie and others will slam it.

I lust over your car .... it is simply stunning, yet I wouldn't sell my 911 to buy it. If I couldn't have both, the 911 it would be ... even if it could out handle and beat mine from 0 - 100 ....

Each are different in their own right and it just depends which type of different you desire ....

I have had some serious thoughts about selling mine, people thought i was dicking around and just testing the market but i was about to pull the trigger on a 911.

Tingy

what year of 911 were you considering? How new, in a 911, do you think you'd have to go before it equals or exceeds the qualities of your 951?

This could turn into a lengthy discussion...

I ran a 1993 964 for 5 years, following 5 years with a 1986 944T, and followed up by a 1990 944T for 3 years.  IMHO:

• The 944T (slightly modified) is a superior road car to the 964 (upgraded suspension) in terms of performance and handling
  • The 944 T is vastly more comfortable for someone of normal stature (1.83m)
  • The 964 sounds better, especially with a "G" pipe fitted, even though the 1990 944T had a 3" Fabspeed system fitted
  • The 964 gets much more recognition from both the general public and other Porsche owners, if that's your thing
  • You don't need an oil pan in the garage with a 944T

PS my wife didn't like riding in any of them!

Edited by Rob

Thanks Tingy, took it for its last (very careful) drive.  Amazing, beautiful car. I was still in two minds about letting it go but the price was right, it was too good to say no to. 

I've got the WRX to give me my turbo fix for a few years, then I'll grab something nice again..... Maybe a 928 if they ever come down again LOL :)