29 minutes ago, Stepo said:

That's a cool CS feature, I see you can sign up for free to pricing history, is there a catch?

Just jump on Carsales scroll down till you find the box (See full pricing insights) you just click and voila!!

IMG_2115.png

6 minutes ago, Joz said:

Just jump on Carsales scroll down till you find the box (See full pricing insights) you just click and voila!!

IMG_2115.png

I see, haven't actually logged into CS for some time so it didn't show the feature but now does 👌

50 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I see, haven't actually logged into CS for some time so it didn't show the feature but now does 👌

Ummm, I gotta admit I only decided to check it out from the previous post 😁

3 hours ago, JWM said:

@Yellowbird you had a cool screenshot that looked like it was from Carsales but with a lot more data the other day, I forgot to ask how you get that, is it something you can sign up (and pay) for?

I work in the car industry & we pay a monthly fee for a product called Live Market that shows all of the listings and data from Carsales

1 hour ago, Yellowbird said:

I work in the car industry & we pay a monthly fee for a product called Live Market that shows all of the listings and data from Carsales

I'm going to email them and ask if they have a subscription tier for people who aren't in the industry but have nothing better to do with their spare time than trawl Carsales 🤣

5 hours ago, JWM said:

I'm going to email them and ask if they have a subscription tier for people who aren't in the industry but have nothing better to do with their spare time than trawl Carsales 🤣

Yeah I'd pay for that too, solely for personal purchases and for telling people they're dreaming. 

On 15/08/2023 at 17:19, Yellowbird said:

Dare I ask the details on the monthly subscription to LiveMarket? From my Googling, looks to be run by AutoGate which is available via the Carsales dealer subscription section.
https://dealersignup.carsalesnetwork.com.au/carsales

AutoRadar seems to be another competitor to LiveMarket. Not sure about market share or reliability of data though.

On 15/08/2023 at 18:21, JWM said:

I'm keen to hear about any private subscription packages. Getting some decent data to track this wild market would be handy. :) Just seeing the number of days/months/years that some cars sit on Carsales would be a good laugh. :P 

On 16/08/2023 at 19:50, OzJustin said:

Dare I ask the details on the monthly subscription to LiveMarket? From my Googling, looks to be run by AutoGate which is available via the Carsales dealer subscription section.
https://dealersignup.carsalesnetwork.com.au/carsales

AutoRadar seems to be another competitor to LiveMarket. Not sure about market share or reliability of data though.

I'm keen to hear about any private subscription packages. Getting some decent data to track this wild market would be handy. :) Just seeing the number of days/months/years that some cars sit on Carsales would be a good laugh. :P 

I do enjoy that aspect of it especially when I want to buy a car 😉 and I don’t think they would offer it privately because they make an absolute fortune from the dealers. Dealers are charged for every single enquiry they receive and that adds up to a huge amount of money.

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, Stepo said:

What would make one choose a 944 over a similarly priced Boxster/ Boxster S, or even a Cayman? Newer, same great weight distribution...

56 minutes ago, Spets87 said:

What would make one choose a 944 over a similarly priced Boxster/ Boxster S, or even a Cayman? Newer, same great weight distribution...

Nostalgia from the 80's

Old school cool with pop up headlights 

There are fewer on the road so by default more unique

If you have small kids you can fit them in the back and include the whole family

Almost same power as early 986 but feel faster than they are and torquey in earlier tech

They're a great long distance tourer, plenty of room and you exit after a days driving refreshed

Their prices aren't going backwards, not selling as high as wishful Carsales thinking but still positive

1 hour ago, Spets87 said:

Hi, yes, this is my old car.  It is looking good.  Has had a fair bit of love at Buchanan's since I sold it .  The current owner & his brother in law (P/O) looked after it.  I've spoken to them both over the years.

This was my old car.  I dailied it for 5years.  Was a great thing in that it could easily keep up (3litre S2) with all the cars on a Porsche road drive, felt very fast at "normal" speeds, could carry everything plus wife & son for road trips, looked cool etc, etc.  Of course I sold it & bought a 996 which was excellent.  I'd love a Boxster but would miss the luggage & rear seat capacity.

2 hours ago, Spets87 said:

The 944 are great cars and I had one, have to agree with a lot of the comments already made.

Not many of them around, you have to drive them well to get the best out of them. They will run rings around cars with trice the power in the twisties. The down side is parts are getting harder and harder to come by, lots of the genuine parts I purchased to bring my 86 back up to pristine where the last of or it was all ex O/S. I did love my 944, but my 2011 Cayman is way more in so many ways, as it should be. I think you want get it until you drive a 944.      

944 Light house.jpg

19 hours ago, Spets87 said:

I’ve done about 40,000km on my ‘84 in 6 years. Most reliable car I have owned, new or used. 
When I got out of town during Covid it took 2 laptops, computer monitor, suitcase, a footy, 3 bike helmets, mid size coffee machine, case of wine and a racing bike. That seemed to be about the limit.

worth the price of admission to see the look on kids faces when the lights pop up  

5 hours ago, 69Model said:

I’ve done about 40,000km on my ‘84 in 6 years. Most reliable car I have owned, new or used. 
When I got out of town during Covid it took 2 laptops, computer monitor, suitcase, a footy, 3 bike helmets, mid size coffee machine, case of wine and a racing bike. That seemed to be about the limit.

worth the price of admission to see the look on kids faces when the lights pop up  

Sigh... *proceeds to go on carsales and add 944's to the watchlist*

Sigh... *proceeds to go on carsales and add 944's to the watchlist*

Haha, I've got so many watchlists, they make up the bulk of my emails.......

@60Model raises a good point.  My S2 (once I'd spent a shed-load on preventative maintenance) never let me down once in the 5 or so years I had it.  Great bit of kit.

I'm close to finalising the purchase of another car that unexpectedly came my way....unfortunately that means my 944 S2 will (most likely) be on the market soon. Car is one of 128 delivered in 1989 (build date is December 1989 & delivered to Hamiltons in early 1990).

• Approximately 180,000km
  • Fully rebuilt motor (slight power increase) & new clutch pre Covid with limited use since (cost $18,000)
  • M030 components including Brembo ABS brakes with slotted discs & new pads
  • Eibach springs, adjustable koni shocks (with spare springs & shocks)
  • I have a range of wheels available pending buyers preference including the original 16" D90's, 17" turbo twists (new rubber Oct 23), 18" 996.2, Oz Alleggerita or 996 GT3 rims

Car is currently set up for club days / tarmac rallies with full cage (MA approved & log booked), winged seats, intercom, monit rally computer, removable steering wheel etc. Note that despite the track focus this car is in extremely good condition, never crashed & has it's original paint (red). Car is on historic rego in Victoria & I have well over $50,000 in receipts. For those wanting a road car please note it does not have AC nor the original front seats although they are easily sourced.

For the right buyer this is an exceptional car that could be entered into Lake Mountain Sprint (mid March) or be doing sub 2 minute laps at Philip Island next weekend at zero expense !! It's a perfect Sunday driver & an easy conversion back to a road car if desired....price will be low to mid 50's pending buyer requirements / wheels. I'll be delighted to prioritise & negotiate with PFA members for an easy deal & to avoid the hellscape that is Carsales...ha ha....

I'll be moving the car from storage to the mechanics in the coming weeks....I'm advertising here first & once the car is moved will advertise more widely. If interested please feel free to email me at mattread993@gmail.com

Cheers,

Matt